Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you respect los angeles
yes: i respect los angeles 35 45.45%
no: i don't give a **** about L.A. 33 42.86%
Or: I think it has munch potenial before it earns my respect 9 11.69%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 08:36 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
jealousy

they hate the fact we live in a summer atmosphere all year

they hate that every time they turn on their tv they see our city and have to hear the way we talk

they hate the fact that alot of people just live life and flaunt money instead of being boring

they hate the fact our girls are hotter, and that hot girl you wish you had in your wack city probably wishes she could live in our city

they hate our diversity....they hate that we are different and isolated from most of the country in terms of culture

they cant imagine such a dominant force since L.A runs the west coast and the east/south/midwest all have a bunch of cities clumped together

theyve never been here

I've been to L.A.
And I can tell you, the only real reason why people don't like L.A. is ^^^ that right there.
That's the same attitude some Dallasites have... like Dallas is just the center of the universe. New York, Miami, Houston, Boston...... any major city that's been featured in a tv show several times.

But hey, I know your just trollin' so big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 08:39 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,681,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
It's a city people love to hate. It's a city that isn't easy to love and you really kind have to know it to appreciate it. It's not an easy city to live in and has many problems but it also has a lot to offer but not everyone appreciates what it has to offer. And the whole Hollywood thing creates a huge backlash.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I think Hollywood and the media create such a false, skewed perception of what life in L.A. is like, that when people finally visit, it can be a bit of a let-down, and that's putting it mildly... more like a huge disappointment! That was my experience visiting L.A. for the first time 12 years ago anyway.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:12 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
jealousy

they hate the fact we live in a summer atmosphere all year

they hate that every time they turn on their tv they see our city and have to hear the way we talk

they hate the fact that alot of people just live life and flaunt money instead of being boring

they hate the fact our girls are hotter, and that hot girl you wish you had in your wack city probably wishes she could live in our city

they hate our diversity....they hate that we are different and isolated from most of the country in terms of culture

they cant imagine such a dominant force since L.A runs the west coast and the east/south/midwest all have a bunch of cities clumped together

theyve never been here
Hmmmm, why do I dislike L.A.?

Look in the mirror. Its 'tudes like that in L.A. that disgust me more than anything else. That and the brain-dead "celebrities" that call L.A. home.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:37 AM

304 posts, read 904,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Hmmmm, why do I dislike L.A.?

Look in the mirror. Its 'tudes like that in L.A. that disgust me more than anything else. That and the brain-dead "celebrities" that call L.A. home.

aww a little attitude and little steve-o is intimidated

quick being a bunch of pansies

if you cant handle it...its not our problem

Old 07-11-2008, 09:47 AM

55 posts, read 79,706 times
i dont get it every thing you guys said was stereotypical i dont mean to make a fuss but cant anyone share a honest view?

Old 07-11-2008, 10:00 AM

and heres another thing how come new york and chicago are allowed to boast about there stupid skyline but los angeles cant say there the place were celberties live seariously i say new york does all the boasting poisiening us all the time with us having to look at there stupid buildings all the time. i bet you if new york didnt have its famous skyline nobody would care about the city it would be another los angeles

Old 07-11-2008, 10:02 AM

343 posts, read 932,451 times
This poll is pretty indecipherable

Old 07-11-2008, 10:04 AM

i bet you if you wouldnt be so ignorant you would hear los angeles every day on media more then new york ill also like to add for the third time that if you did some research youll find out that half the stuff you wacth was made and produced in L.A. also new york will never have any production studio sorry to say

Last edited by TYGA; 07-11-2008 at 10:15 AM..

Old 07-11-2008, 10:14 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYGA View Post
and heres another thing how come new york and chicago are allowed to boast about there stupid skyline but los angeles cant say there the place were celberties live seariously i say new york does all the boasting poisiening us all the time with us having to look at there stupid buildings all the time. i bet you if new york didnt have its famous skyline nobody would care about the city it would be another los angeles

lol

Old 07-11-2008, 10:17 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
aww a little attitude and little steve-o is intimidated

quick being a bunch of pansies

if you cant handle it...its not our problem
Keep talking, boy.

And dont call us "pansies", how about you get out of your little palm-tree "paradise", lay down the sun-tan lotion and Prada purse, and come endure a Chicago winter. Might put a little hair on yer chest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.