Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 03:26 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
chomp chomp

yummmmm

dude **** about "troll"

anyone that hates chicago is a "troll"
.... I've seen your posts ....

Your the stereotypical big L.A. lover, who thinks everyone is trying to shape their towns up to be like yours. Yeah, I get it. The "everytown sucks but ours!" attitude. It's kind of funny. L.A. has alot of good things goin' for it and also alot of bad, which you seem to ignore.
Just know that these little comments about L.A. and how everyone else doesn't stack up to it will get old real fast. I'm not really defending Chicago, but I am behind those who get sick an tired of the whole "We're great, your not" thing.

So after this little post, I'm just going to ignore the rest of your posts until they're worth repling to. BTW, welcome to the forum......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 03:33 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,438,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
chomp chomp

yummmmm

dude **** about "troll"

anyone that hates chicago is a "troll"

You annoy people even from Los Angeles. I from the greater area and even I find you annoying. When did LA even need to become a part of this thread? It was about Chicago and NYC. You give our area a bad name. Word of advice, you aren't going to get more than eleven rep points if you keep acting like this.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:36 PM

938 posts, read 3,506,460 times
From my limited wanderings of downtown Chicago and slightly more extensive wanderings of Manhattan and Brooklyn, NYC is a smelly city. Lots of bags of garbage just sitting out, and the sidewalks seem to be saturated with trash juice in a lot of places. Especially bad walking by anywhere that serves food. Driving north on I-94 into Chicago is really gritty though, with all the old industrial decay. Driving into Brooklyn from Staten Island is gritty in a different way, with old decaying housing. St. Louis is really gritty too (although much smaller), go through the city on I-70 in North St. Louis, south on I-55, or through East St. Louis and you'll see some "true" grit.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,277 times
I lived in both. Chicago for 5 years and NYC for 5 years. In my opinion, yes, Chicago is grittier than NYC.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:20 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
I think it's Al Capone, the Blues Brothers and the long-time political corruption.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:43 AM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog74 View Post
I lived in both. Chicago for 5 years and NYC for 5 years. In my opinion, yes, Chicago is grittier than NYC.
Lets do a side-by-side comparison shall we

NYC.
http://www.brownstoner.com/brownstoner/archives/brownsvillehouses0907.jpg (broken link)

Chicago

[LEFT]

There both gritty to me at least. (btw the south bronx pic is alittle dated)[/LEFT]

Old 03-07-2009, 03:47 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,937,156 times
Uh, yeah, that picture from the south Bronx is from the 70s. I've seen it before. I also work in the area and it isn't that run-down anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.