Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2008, 01:34 PM

355 posts, read 1,376,931 times

Advertisements

Hello!

Im having an awful time deciding.
Im currently taking distance courses at my school, allowing me six months of travel before deciding where to claim residency and finish my undergrad degree.

Boston is the dream city. I was born there but the family moved to NM before I was even 2. Would love to go back and have always been drawn to NE. Downside is that it is really expensive. Maybe I should finish my degree in a cheaper city so I dont have the added expense.??

Austin I have visited during SXSW. I love the city. I know there has been an influx of transplants and I dont tend to like overlycrowded places. However, the music scene is a draw because im a songwriter/composer when Im not in school.

I have relatives in Denver. Never really considered it but it might be a nice middle ground in things Im looking for.

I would love an affordable city, good schools, relatively clean air as my allergies are out of this world, and friendly people. I dont have a degree yet so ill be working mostly restaurant jobs so im not gonna be too concerned with job market at this point. Lots of festivals and arts/music opportunities are a plus too. I almost think maybe Austin is too saturated in music and it would be hard to get any songs noticed that way?? Simple clubs with open mics will be good enough for me. Which city? Any advice? I feel like I could move to either one tomorrow so need some input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 05:26 PM

139 posts, read 451,209 times
I think Austin is a great city, and it fits what you are looking for, but allergies here bc of the ragweed and cedar are really bad.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:44 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,687,192 times
Boston! The other two are too isolated.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:17 PM

124 posts, read 611,808 times
Boston or Denver.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:23 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,990,175 times
Denver
You will love it, and that's were i probably wanna move

Old 08-06-2008, 09:44 PM

351 posts, read 650,218 times
If you love Boston, go there. Austin and Denver are nothing like Boston and if that's your dream city, I'd work harder to afford the extra expenses. While you're young it's definitely a good idea to do the things you've always wanted to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.