Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 01:19 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,337,664 times

Advertisements

Who you calling a beach beach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 03:22 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,561,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour185 View Post
Florida. Southern California is too brown and water is too cold. It would be better if San Diego had nice water and became a bit hotter on average in summer like in the 80's instead of 74.
Why is for so many on this site, only when Southern California is a topic, coincidentally, the temperature of the freaking ocean spontaneously takes on such massive significance? “I have a choice between two jobs. One is in NYC, but I’m taking the gig in Miami because the ocean is warmer.” Just ridiculous.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:45 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,793,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Why is for so many on this site, only when Southern California is a topic, coincidentally, the temperature of the freaking ocean spontaneously takes on such massive significance? “I have a choice between two jobs. One is in NYC, but I’m taking the gig in Miami because the ocean is warmer.” Just ridiculous.
Because California has a lot of haters without reasonable reasons, therefore people make up absurd things, for instance, the Pacific is cold.

Old 03-21-2015, 04:03 PM

22 posts, read 26,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
The Keys may be South Florida, but they are not MAINLAND South Florida. Miami is South Florida and so is where I live too, in Naples, SouthWEST Florida since so many like to differentiate between the East (South) and West (SW) Coasts of Florida. I am about 25 miles from the Everglades. That is about as far south you can get without swimming.

Incidentially, it was in the 80s last Christmas. Lovely having the oven on cooking dinner for hours and having the AC blasting away.

Is Southern Ca. that hot the end of December?
Well no **** Southern Ca is that hot at the end of December,most of the december and January days are in the 70's and 80's,except when it rains,one time it was in the high 80's going up into the 90's straight for 5-6 days in january

Old 03-21-2015, 04:10 PM

the latitude of Southern California is line up with South Carolina,yet southern california is much warmer in winter,in south carolina the winters are like 54 degrees,if you want warm winters with hot summers in southern california,just go a few miles inland within the beach.but the beaches are warmer in winter though,in the high 80's

Old 03-22-2015, 09:17 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,473,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by life112233 View Post
the latitude of Southern California is line up with South Carolina,yet southern california is much warmer in winter,in south carolina the winters are like 54 degrees,if you want warm winters with hot summers in southern california,just go a few miles inland within the beach.but the beaches are warmer in winter though,in the high 80's
no its not. Beaches in Southern California in winter are 65 F-69 F average highs, and 48 F-52 F average lows

high 80s at beaches are seen during our winter heat waves

Old 03-22-2015, 11:11 PM

Ive been there see there,mostly on accuweather in the past 2 months,its been always in the mid 70's and 80's ocasionally going up into 90 during winter heat waves

Old 03-22-2015, 11:14 PM

the beaches in winter i most feel in the range of mostly highs in the 75 degrees to 85 degrees,and in summer its around 80,but the ocean breeze makes it in the 70's,not alot of breeze in winter so close to the beach in winter sometimes it feels warmer.go inland,the summers are harsh

Old 03-22-2015, 11:17 PM

nowdays i rarely seen southern california go low as the 60's,except during the artic blastdowns,which last 3 days,in the 65's,
a couple times a winter

Old 03-23-2015, 12:22 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Because many people don't like cold water. It can be very uncomfortable. Florida water temps are much more desirable IMO, all year round.

It's only discussed when Southern CA is a topic because for such a beachy place people love to brag about, it has freaking cold ocean water and most East Coasters are not used to it, also because it is often as a region conpared to Florida and therefore see above for the reason again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.