Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 04:18 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
My knowledge of the NYC area and Northeast completely dwarfs your knowledge of anywhere in the South, as evidenced by your posts.

Okay buddy?

Your friends in the South (if you really have some down there) have no credibility since you say mine up there have none

I spend 2 months of the year in the south. You never lived in NY and it's obvious from your inaccurate posts, since I HAVE lived upstate. I'm a Braves fan; i'm there often and have gone to spring training/games since I was 14 How many times do I have to say this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 04:23 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I spend 2 months of the year in the south. You never lived in NY and it's obvious from your inaccurate posts, since I HAVE lived upstate. I'm a Braves fan; i'm there often and have gone to spring training/games since I was 14 How many times do I have to say this?
Nothing inaccurate from me, I actually back up everything with facts unlike you. No matter how much you say it, nobody believes you

Just a question, why do you like to argue with everyone so much? Just let it go since you never win these arguments and just make NY'ers look bad

Why don't you actually show proof that NYC area is this wildly accepting and tolerant place rather than "well people tell me they moved here and say so" because that is heresay and not fact

Old 09-29-2009, 04:35 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
Quote:
Those are not facts, those are stories. I have many similar stories of people leaving LI because they say it is intolerant. They moved to much more tolerant places like Portland, Seattle and San Fran

Then you had to get on my case to begin with because I stated the truth

How can you prove a place is more religiously and and racially tolerant based on statistics??? This sort of topic is a topic where people relate their own stories.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:46 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muman View Post
Uh, the reason you see many blue counties in Mississippi is because there are many counties down there where it's majority black...they generally vote Democrat, even though the state as a whole went red. You won't find many Democrat or 'liberal' whites in the deep south, but you will in NYC.
Where is the reference for this statement? It's just not true...what IS true is that there is a majority of conservatives in most southern states - which means more than 50% of the population. In some states, like Georgia, it's very close - like 52% Republican to 48% Democrat. So you'll find a couple of million white Democrats and/or white liberals across the state.

Just because a group is not the majority doesn't mean that they are non-existent.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:02 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I've lived in other cities, so yes, I do have proof.
Cortland is tiny and Maine has no even medium sized cities

Next....

Old 10-01-2009, 08:39 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Any large city anywhere in the country would be ok.

Yes, even the large cities in the South are pretty liberal. Just about everywhere close to a major city in the South is racially tolerant. Religiously tolerant just depends on where you go. If you go to a small town in Alabama, probably not as much. But even the suburbs of the major cities (like Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Charlotte), are religiously tolerant. Maybe not religiously friendly, but tolerant.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:23 PM

486 posts, read 1,035,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Where is the reference for this statement? It's just not true...what IS true is that there is a majority of conservatives in most southern states - which means more than 50% of the population. In some states, like Georgia, it's very close - like 52% Republican to 48% Democrat. So you'll find a couple of million white Democrats and/or white liberals across the state.

Just because a group is not the majority doesn't mean that they are non-existent.
Where did I say they are non-existent?

Old 10-02-2009, 06:05 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muman View Post
Where did I say they are non-existent?
Where did I say that you said they are nonexistent??? I didn't. Calm down.

I believe your exact words were "You won't find many Democrat or 'liberal' whites in the deep south". This isn't a true statement. Even 30% of the population is many, and in most southern states there are much higher numbers than 30%.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:20 PM

93,341 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
This proves my point that I was making in my last post
Not necessarily true, because faith/religion plays a big part, as does culture. Meaning, they might be more "conservative" Democrats due to being more into their faith/religion and culture in terms of being a racial minority. History has a lot to do with it too. For instance, my father is from Holmes County, Mississippi, one of the Blackest counties in the US and I'm sure there are plenty of "conservative" Democrats that are Black due to the strong religious/faith community there.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:23 PM

93,341 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Got to love those ignorant stereotypes

Right there you prove that NY'ers are not tolerant nor progressive (at least you are not) with those kinds of comments

I guess I knew that NY'ers would react this way. Insecurity is a good word here

The Bronx is 81% black and hispanic and Brooklyn is 63% black and hispanic

Adams County MS is only 53% minority and Washington County MS is 65% (2 of many examples)

Your argument is wrong. The fact is that both areas vote heavily Dem because both areas want the social programs (handouts) and neither is really progressive
Just for the "handouts"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.