Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:53 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,357,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
Also, certain members apparently have different levels of influence on here. I just gave Nana a boost, and it shot her numbers up by three points! I wonder if that would correspond in a negative three if I should ever go after anyone with a red dot (which won't happen because I don't utilize red dots when I "disagree" with the opinion I see).
I've wondered that too, but I too don't give red dots so I guess I'll never find out firsthand .

Oh, and to answer the topic at hand, all of America is pretty bad with this disease, but from what I've seen, Orange County, California takes the cake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2007, 10:02 PM

4,720 posts, read 15,555,072 times
Quote:
Also, certain members apparently have different levels of influence on here. I just gave Nana a boost, and it shot her numbers up by three points
HEY<THANKS,
I am starting to feel like one of the popular kids where were you guys in high school when I needed you

Old 01-29-2007, 10:20 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,895,084 times
Talking Is this a joke?

Quote:
Oh, please! To the person who gave me the red dot, you truly don't "practice what you preach." By giving me a red dot because you disagreed with my opinion for disagreeing with the opinions of others that they can't "survive" on $150,000, you just exemplified the fact that you don't understand how to utilize the forum's reputation system. I have a pretty good idea of who you are, but I'm not going to "take the low road" and give you your own red dot whammy back as punishment. In my opinion, you are a "whiner" if you're not grateful for what you have been blessed with in life. That's my OPINION, that did NOT warrant a reputation hit. This is exactly why I stopped poring over the NJ forum in the first place; you people just don't seem to comprehend that you can not go around issuing red dots to people you disagree with. It would have been more noble for you, if you disagreed with my opinion, to have posted your own reply explaining to me as to why the word "whiner" is so offensive? Instead, you utilized the childish, NJ state forum method of not addressing the issue that irked you in favor of slamming me with red dots and/or name-calling me to gain leverage. Whose debate team were you on that taught you it was acceptable to use such underhanded tactics in meaningful discussion? Wow!

Dear Paul SWB,
Before you throw your next hissy fit, why don't you PM or email the Admin or Mod and ask them to tell you privately WHO gave you the "red dot".

After re-reading your reply to my post & the one that followed , it appears that you were directing this accusation towards me. and I am offended. Now tell me I am completely off base and I misunderstood??
The rules state that you should not give a Negative Rep just because you disagree. I follow the rules. It was not me. There must be more people out there lurking who don't agree w/ you.
I never know what to expect from you SWB. One day you're Up up up and then you battle it out tooth & nail for no apparent reason. Then you backpeddle, apologize, post some more, it tires me out & it's confusing. You seem like a decent person but your emotion are all over the place. Take a deep breath and take a break off the computer for a week. Just an idea.
You might enjoy the vacation & it will lessen your stress.
BTW: Our vehicles are PIF=Paid In Full. We have no credit cards. No debt. So therefore, I don't qualify for the KUWTJ, and that my friend is a good thing.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:18 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,162,354 times
I would start by saying, anyone of my sisters or my mother, they are all good at playing that game.
I think that if they can't just be themselves, then stay away from me, because I don't want any part of it.
So it would be where my sisters live and my mother, it is fun just to sit back and hear them cut down each other, and tell their stories, but now it has gotten old and I haven't had to deal with any of it for the last ten years, I still hear bits and pieces of things though.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:01 AM

32,603 posts, read 77,254,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeForSale View Post
Dear Paul SWB,
Before you throw your next hissy fit, why don't you PM or email the Admin or Mod and ask them to tell you privately WHO gave you the "red dot".

After re-reading your reply to my post & the one that followed , it appears that you were directing this accusation towards me. and I am offended. Now tell me I am completely off base and I misunderstood??
The rules state that you should not give a Negative Rep just because you disagree. I follow the rules. It was not me. There must be more people out there lurking who don't agree w/ you.
I never know what to expect from you SWB. One day you're Up up up and then you battle it out tooth & nail for no apparent reason. Then you backpeddle, apologize, post some more, it tires me out & it's confusing. You seem like a decent person but your emotion are all over the place. Take a deep breath and take a break off the computer for a week. Just an idea.
You might enjoy the vacation & it will lessen your stress.
BTW: Our vehicles are PIF=Paid In Full. We have no credit cards. No debt. So therefore, I don't qualify for the KUWTJ, and that my friend is a good thing.
For the record, I was not implying that you were the one who gave me the red dot. I just get frustrated to see that there are still people out there who abuse the system, and it angered me to no end to see that someone bashed my reputation just because they disagreed! If you people see something I post that irks you, then why not do the NOBLE thing and post a reply in which you quote the lines that you disagree with and offer your own opinion, as I do when I disagree with someone?

As far as a vacation is concerned, I haven't had one in years and am suffering from severe burnout and stress between juggling a heavy courseload, a heavy workload, family problems concerning my personal life, committee meetings, etc. Nevertheless, I can't just say to Lowe's "I'm not going to be in the last week of May" because I don't get paid. Considering I'm saving up for my own home (so I can DATE someone), I just don't have the ability to take a day off. I'm miserable as all heck right now, but I keep telling myself that the suffering is worth it if it will pay off in the end with me being able to start my own family without hurtful remarks from my parents at every corner. I keep telling myself that 5-10 years from now, I'll be looking back at my sad, stressed-out teenage and early-20s years and be thankful for how much better off I'll be in the end for my past suffering. Occasionally something DOES draw my ire, and after a stress-laden day, the last thing I needed was to see a big red dot because someone was too lazy to post their OWN REPLY to MY REPLY in which they could express THEIR OWN point of view as to why I was, in their opinion, wrong.

If this is deemed to be acceptable, then why don't I start to give big, fat red dots to everyone who I disagree with too? Fair is fair, right? I don't know why, NewHome, that you felt such immediate guilt and hurt that I was somehow blaming you for the offense, but the other member who I suspect also hails from NJ and has been rude to me in the past with all sorts of name-calling (I won't mention his/her name to protect his/her identity). I'm sorry that you were offended, but just because you inferred that the offending party was from NJ doesn't mean that I suspected you. On the contrary, this individual didn't even post in this thread (yet). I think we both need to take a chill pill, girl! LOL!

Old 01-30-2007, 10:00 AM

1,590 posts, read 1,657,133 times
With apologies to the disabled and those who love them:

Winning an argument on the Internet is like winning the Special Olympics.

Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:23 AM

Wink Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post

Now THAT was funny. LOL...No offense taken.
I wonder how long it will take before it gets deleted????
I have to say this: Repeat after me: I M We Todd Dead. Say it faster & faster.

I hope you have a better day today ScrantonWB Cheer up- It didn't snow today !!

Old 01-30-2007, 11:36 AM

32,603 posts, read 77,254,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post

Very true! (Inserting space filler "here").

Old 01-30-2007, 01:01 PM

6,615 posts, read 16,492,621 times
Default Belittle others, you belittle yourself

[quote=NewHomeForSale;319054]

QUOTE]

As a person who knows and loves a person who has mental retardation I don't find this the least bit funny. I'd like to see you try to walk even a yard in her shoes.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:33 PM

[quote=Ben Around;319610]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeForSale View Post

QUOTE]

As a person who knows and loves a person who has mental retardation I don't find this the least bit funny. I'd like to see you try to walk even a yard in her shoes.
I didn't say it to belittle anyone. While you're at it why don't you jump all over the original poster as well. You have my apology if I offended you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.