Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most boring US City.
Jacksonville, Florida 45 11.14%
Phoenix, Arizona 73 18.07%
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 57 14.11%
Wichita, Kansas 89 22.03%
Rapid City, South Dakota 46 11.39%
Jackson, Mississippi 66 16.34%
Tampa, Florida 21 5.20%
Tucson, Arizona 22 5.45%
Raleigh, North Carolina 39 9.65%
Buffalo, New York 40 9.90%
Salt Lake City, Utah 60 14.85%
Other 72 17.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 404. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 02:33 PM

345 posts, read 976,892 times

Advertisements

The most boring place in the US?

Easy.

Boring, Maryland:

Boring, Maryland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-20-2012, 03:12 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
Heh ... they'll have to fight with Boring, Oregon ...... which has Boring Lava Fields, Boring Farmers Market and all other sorts of Boring places

The place is so bad it even makes other nearby cities seem Boring

Old 01-20-2012, 11:00 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,971,322 times
Who the hell voted Salt Lake City?! WTF?!

In Salt Lake City, world-class skiing is less than half an hour away just outside of town. Not much further away and you got Park City!

Salt Lake City is only a couple hours from the Unita range, full of hiking and other outdoors opportunities. You can also find the same stuff in the Wasatch, right along the eastern edge of the city.

Not to mention downtown is very nice.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:55 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,825,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVaz1009 View Post
Who the hell voted Salt Lake City?! WTF?!

In Salt Lake City, world-class skiing is less than half an hour away just outside of town. Not much further away and you got Park City!

Salt Lake City is only a couple hours from the Unita range, full of hiking and other outdoors opportunities. You can also find the same stuff in the Wasatch, right along the eastern edge of the city.

Not to mention downtown is very nice.

When I was last in Salt Lake City I was bored its not that exciting. And there talking cities not the state of Utah. No Utah is not boring but Salt Lake City is.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:37 AM

3,671 posts, read 5,887,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordtwo View Post
When Walmart is the spot to chill, right then and there you should know what that city is all about!
Where do they do that???

Old 01-21-2012, 07:26 AM

1,014 posts, read 786,892 times
Wow i am surprised to hear that Phoenix is a boring city, I live in southern New Jersey in a boring small town only hang outs are Super Walmart since its open 24 hours Our small Mall and the chain restaurants,(Applebees,Texas Road House,Buffalo Wild wings,etc) were also the poorest county in Nj highest birth rates and std rates as someone stated it seems like everyone is having babies out here and working at temp service jobs. Its quite sad when someone is under 25 on their 3 or 4th child with no career. I would take Phoenix in a heartbeat over where i live at. and i know a few people who went to Phoenix on vacation and they love it only complaint was the illegal Aliens.

I could see those cities on those lists being boring if someone lived there for their whole lives or for a few years and become burnt out. Or someone who moved to a bigger city and move to one of those cities. But someone who lived in a small town their whole live and decided to move there i can imagine it being fun.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:27 AM

21 posts, read 37,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
OKC is always terrible in the polls. Its just a ghastly place to live...

Good point. Nothing spells excitement like a single, oddly placed skyscraper built on petro-cash.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:41 AM

21 posts, read 37,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Phoenix shouldn't even be on this list. It's not my favorite city by any means; however, no metro with a population of at least 1 million (this one is 4.3 million) should be considered boring. Perhaps if some people stepped away from their computers for awhile, they would discover that there is more out there besides skyline competitions.
There isn't a ton to do there unless you like to dry pottery in the sun, golf in January or bake Crystal Meth. Phoenix is generally where you go if you can't afford Southern California, and it migrates the worst of that state with none of the things that make it great (viz. Mediterranean climate and beach). I was never more amused / horrified by the future of American culture than when I spent 2 weeks in Scottsdale for work......

Old 01-21-2012, 10:13 AM

8,624 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
There isn't a ton to do there unless you like to dry pottery in the sun, golf in January or bake Crystal Meth. Phoenix is generally where you go if you can't afford Southern California, and it migrates the worst of that state with none of the things that make it great (viz. Mediterranean climate and beach). I was never more amused / horrified by the future of American culture than when I spent 2 weeks in Scottsdale for work......
What horribly false generalizations made by you in addition to it being just a stupid post. I just can't take you seriously, let alone your opinions on what makes up Phoenix since you believe that your two weeks in Scottsdale qualifies you to speak about the overall day to day goings on in the metro. I've lived in Phoenix for two years and there are tons of things that I haven't done here yet.

It amazes me how people who constantly complain about other cities never bother to mention all of the things they actually do in their own cities (trash talking on CD doesn't count).

Old 01-21-2012, 12:22 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
Where do they do that???
In smaller cities in the South and we're being real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.