Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 11:13 PM

16 posts, read 45,301 times

Advertisements

Phoenix
No one has mentioned Phoenix, it has been rated in the top 10 for worst drivers. I am a delivery driver here and have traveled all over the U.S. This is by far the worst or near the top. The city is so wide spread with no other good forms of transportation. And the worst is the people who sit on green lights, not Wisconsin which I have lived in also.

Every state has old people, blonde women, rich people who think they are untouchable, and cell phone texters. However Phoenix has the largest population of those people. Just my opinion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 02:32 PM

295 posts, read 1,445,752 times
I am pretty sure it is the driver of that car sitting in your driveway...

Old 09-14-2011, 08:54 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,878,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Boston (can't comment on the rest of MA)
Heh, we definitely have a bad rep, as does the rest of the state, giving rise to the term Ma$$hole. However, I disagree with this notion. Driving in Boston requires more skill, and if you don't have that skill level, it looks dangerous, confusing, and frightening. This will lead the uninitiated to believe that we are bad drivers. When a novice observes things like turning left in front of an on-coming vehicle, turning right from the left lane, pulling half-way in to traffic (therby blocking the flow in one direction) while waiting for a turn from a side street, etc., he errantly concludes that we don't know or care what we are doing. The truth, though, is that we drive by a different set of rules, but one that is well understood by most Boston drivers. We expect to see these things, and adjust our driving accordingly. Above all else, a Boston driver is attuned to the idea that he needs to pay attention to the conditions on the road, not an arbitrary set of laws. If we were actually bad drivers, there would be far more accidents and fatalities. We are in fact, very good drivers, successfully avoiding accident in a heavily trafficked, chaotic, and sometimes aggressive environment.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:15 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,979,490 times
The worst drivers are in North Carolina!!
They drive way to close to you and you would think the turn signal was an optional upgrade when the bought the car.

You get constantly cut-off and it seems right turn on red means right of way for the one turning here, not the other way around.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:36 PM

40,049 posts, read 34,473,027 times
I can be a lot more specific than a mere state or city. Come to 13th Avenue in Brooklyn. (But make sure you put on your crash helmet first!)

Old 09-15-2011, 04:51 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,752,327 times
Ohio is a northern Florida when it comes to bad drivers.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:58 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,702,838 times
Atlanta. It seems all of the drivers are confused. You should see people driving on 75/85 it's like they can't see or something.I especially hate people going across three lanes to exit. Are the signs hard to read or something?

Old 12-30-2013, 12:01 PM

455 posts, read 895,108 times
If you ever feel like getting rear-ended for no good reason, just wait patiently at a red light in Florida.
If you ever want someone to pull out in front of you as if you aren't there, just drive in any lane in Louisiana.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:07 PM

1,485 posts, read 2,227,846 times
Alabama, hands-down. Nobody drives the speed limit here (either 15 over or 15 under), tail-gating galore, people will cut you off and drive 10 mph slower than what you were doing before, folks have no concept of what blinkers are, and the list goes on.

Alaska drivers aren't the greatest, either.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:13 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,829,722 times
New York. It's not even debatable. But if it's a non-NY state, I would say Massachusetts. I never had a bad driving experience in Florida while driving there, to be honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.