Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2008, 02:20 PM

6 posts, read 10,253 times

Advertisements

Hey out there.

Well, after years of gathering all kinds of information about america and it´s people, and since i found a good friend in america, who lives in Everett (Seattle Area {i know that´s not DC }). Maybe on some day in the future, i´ll make my old dream come true, pack my things and take the next plane to the States without buying a ticket back.

But what i´d love to learn, is not found on any internet site or in any kind of other material. I want to know more about the People in america. How are they living?
How different is your way of living to what i know from germany?

And with this questions i´m here now. Hopefully not without getting answers.

Last edited by The_Germ; 08-04-2008 at 02:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 02:37 PM

835 posts, read 2,305,342 times
Our cities and towns are definitely not as clean as Germany from what I've heard.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:46 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,138,340 times
We have a German friend who loves this topic. She says that the biggest difference has to do with the lack of formality in the United States versus Germany.

After all, in Germany, you have Sie and Du, so there seems to be a linguistic barrier to being on friendlier terms with people.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
We have a German friend who loves this topic. She says that the biggest difference has to do with the lack of formality in the United States versus Germany.

After all, in Germany, you have Sie and Du, so there seems to be a linguistic barrier to being on friendlier terms with people.

Yea. That´s right. The word Du is used by friends or familymates. "Sie" Is only used for official things, like when you talk to your boss or someone you don´t know good enough to call him or her a friend.

I know from my friend in Seattle, that you americans live your lives way much more "easyer" than we germans do. In germany everything is streaked by all kinds of laws and rules. I mean, we aren´t controlled but live in germany isn´t always as easy as it could be without all those rules.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestposter24 View Post
Our cities and towns are definitely not as clean as Germany from what I've heard.

Hehe Yepp. I heard of that too. But that´s not realy true. Our cities are definitely clean. But only at those places, where the tourists go. I you wanna see germany how it really is, stay away of the bigger cities. That´s my advice for all tourists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.