Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 11:32 AM

87 posts, read 305,402 times

Advertisements

i have asked many questions about where to move to get out of boring nebraska but still have not narrowed it down to a place. i think i am scared of change even though i really want it. i can find something wrong with every place. we visited to ocean last week and decided we want to be close enough to the coast to take weekend trips but still close to some mountains for outdoors activities. i am hoping to get more info. i have gotten alot and thank you but i am still looking. jobs and income not an issue. just good schools, safe for family, sports for kids. four seasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 12:18 PM

6,296 posts, read 11,024,623 times
Ask Go_NE. He'll try to tell you Comaha is the place to be. No thanks.

Try some place like the coast of Maine. It has everything that you've outlined that you desire in a place to live.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:52 PM

thanks alot i have not considered maine. i have read all the omaha is great post and just laugh. omaha isnt the worst place in the world but there is nothing here for me. we can only go to the zoo so many times. the few things there is to do here either get old or cost way too much. there are no good lakes and we hardly even get snow anymore. i want scenery, nice water (either lakes or ocean), real snow. i wont bash omaha cuz like i said i dont find it to be really bad, its just boring and i know there is more out there for us

Old 08-08-2008, 04:02 PM

351 posts, read 647,160 times
Omaha.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:43 PM

ha ha, mr answers i guess you forgot to read the part where i am tired of being bored out of my mind here in omaha.

Last edited by apej6; 08-08-2008 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: spelled a word wrong

Old 08-08-2008, 04:58 PM

351 posts, read 647,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apej6 View Post
ha ha, mr answers i guess you forgot to read the part where i am tired of being bored out of my mind here in omaha.
Well that's just not possible.

It's Omaha.

(But if you're going to be stubborn about it, try Raleigh/Durham, Charlotte, Portland, OR, Seattle, or Boise. If you can deal without the ocean try Denver, Chicago, Minneapolis.)

Old 08-08-2008, 05:14 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,898,378 times
Portland and Seattle are good suggestions. Close to mountain scenery, right by the ocean, clean/safe/attractive metros with plenty going on.

San Francisco could work too, if you can afford it. Housing prices in CA are down significantly, so give it a shot!

Denver has no ocean, but some of the best in terms of mountains.

Raleigh is a good one too..a few hours from the beautiful Appalachians and a couple hours from the ocean.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:19 PM

i do like north carolina and oregon(except the rain in or). colorado was a good choice until we took a trip to the beach and now want to be closer. california scares me.
i will do more checking in n.c. and maine. keep the suggestions coming all. thanks

Old 08-08-2008, 05:30 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,898,378 times
San Francisco is mostly harmless. I don't see why it would be scary?
San Diego is also an option...it's one of the safest cities of it's size in the whole country.

If you like WA/OR but want to avoid rain, try the eastern parts of WA and OR (there's less rain there).

Also try SC. Charleston is right on the ocean and not far from the mountains, and Columbia is right by the mountains.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:00 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,013,705 times
I have lived in California, Nevada, North Carolina, Idaho, Washington and I am now in Montana. I will never move from this state. This place is one of those BYOJ states !
BYOJ = Bring your own job !!! If a person can put up with the weather extremes and has a bit of independent income there is no finer place. Picture links below. Sorry if there are a few duplicates.

Picasa Web Albums - Rick - Guess what ri...

Picasa Web Albums - Rick - misc.

Picasa Web Albums - Rick - Misc. pictures

Picasa Web Albums - Rick - fawna and flora
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.