Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 07:03 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,279,857 times

Advertisements

What states best represent each of these average spaces in an American Home, and why?

FRONT YARD(a place that's nice to look at, but not often used):
LIVING ROOM(where the majority of enjoyment happens one way or another):
DINING ROOM(Culinary exellence):
BED ROOM(state most prone to being either a sleepy place, or prone to sleeping around):
BATH ROOM(the dump of the USA):
GARAGE(a place we keep a lot of useless things, and our cars):
BACKYARD(less attractive than the front yard, but gets more useage):
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 07:11 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,389,774 times
[quote=2Adam29;4926750]What states best represent each of these average spaces in an American Home, and why?

FRONT YARD Alaska
LIVING ROOM Californa/ LA
DINING ROOM Louisiana (state wide)
BED ROOM Washington(sleeping) New York(sleeping around)
BATH ROOM Michigan
GARAGE Arizona
BACKYARD Texas

Old 08-20-2008, 08:35 AM

382 posts, read 1,053,452 times
Good post- interesting analogy..

FRONT YARD Ohio
LIVING ROOM Mississippi
DINING ROOM New York
BED ROOM Nevada
BATH ROOM New Jersey
GARAGE Michigan
BACKYARD California

Old 08-20-2008, 08:49 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,000 times
Default Fun, good one Adam!

FRONT YARD(a place that's nice to look at, but not often used): ALASKA ((and hopefully it'll stay that way (not often used))

LIVING ROOM(where the majority of enjoyment happens one way or another): CALIFORNIA (seems to me you'll find the highest number of happy and active people here)

DINING ROOM(Culinary exellence): WASHINGTON, DC (I'm biased, but all the yummy exotic food you need is here)

BED ROOM(state most prone to being either a sleepy place, or prone to sleeping around): FLORIDA (a tough one, I chose FL thinking of all the springbreakers)

BATH ROOM(the dump of the USA): TEXAS (no contest, just ask anyone who works at the EPA)

GARAGE(a place we keep a lot of useless things, and our cars): INDIANA? (so many to choose from, car-dependant states...)

BACKYARD(less attractive than the front yard, but gets more useage): ILLINOIS (the ugliest state I've seen, but it's hard to argue with its population #s)

Old 08-20-2008, 09:25 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,152,962 times
The National Mall is unoficially called America's Frontyard.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:04 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
BACKYARD(less attractive than the front yard, but gets more useage): ILLINOIS (the ugliest state I've seen, but it's hard to argue with its population #s)
Get off the highway sometime.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:08 AM

129 posts, read 368,482 times
Texas is no bathroom. Texas is a BIG part of this country...without it we would be lost. No other state besides Cali and NY even comes close to the great state of TEXAS!

Old 08-20-2008, 11:35 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldbfree007 View Post
Texas is no bathroom. Texas is a BIG part of this country...without it we would be lost. No other state besides Cali and NY even comes close to the great state of TEXAS!
Excuse me while I lose my lunch. That is right where I would list Texas as well, the bathroom.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:25 PM

536 posts, read 2,153,663 times
FRONT YARD(a place that's nice to look at, but not often used): Maine or Alaska
LIVING ROOM(where the majority of enjoyment happens one way or another): California
DINING ROOM(Culinary exellence): New York
BED ROOM(state most prone to being either a sleepy place, or prone to sleeping around): Nevada
BATH ROOM(the dump of the USA): Texas, Kansas or Arkansas
GARAGE(a place we keep a lot of useless things, and our cars): Wyoming
BACKYARD(less attractive than the front yard, but gets more useage): New Jersey

Old 08-20-2008, 12:28 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Excuse me while I lose my lunch. That is right where I would list Texas as well, the bathroom.
The bathroom would be Michigan, this is the dump of the USA easily, the capital of white trash trailerism and jobloss, terrible winters, decaying communities and baby mommas. Wonderful up in the upper peninsula (nice wilderness) though.

The garage would be California, with all the useless things out there
The backyard would be Kansas or Nebraska, which are very nice and we use the corn and other crops produced there.
The living room would be New York, with all those beautiful parks and NYC it is easily the most fun
The front yard would be Vermont and New Hampshire, which are beautiful and underappreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.