Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 03:04 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times

Advertisements

Hey, robotool, you clearly put too much weight into nurture opposed to nature. That's your entire downfall. Why don't you share with the board what your background is, so you can be exposed as the biased, pompous, high horse riding, soap box talking baboon that you really are.

Hey, and the last time I checked colonialism never hurt North America now did it? You are out of excuses. Africa is backwards because of the people who have been put in power century after century after century.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:41 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,695,114 times
Because that is how it is. Everybody wants to categorize everyone into a certain group.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:50 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,488,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Because that is how it is. Everybody wants to categorize everyone into a certain group.
Like you and a certain Levittown resident? Your categories are pretty simple: There is New York City, and then there is a vast nothingness, a void where nothing and no one exists, and nothing worthwhile has ever existed.

Please.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:12 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,480,380 times
I knew this post would bring out some form of ignorance. Seriously?, ignorance veiled with science. Skull sizes, ha, joke of the day.

That's like saying Blacks are naturally dumber than whites, who are naturally dumber than asians. All of which is complete bs. Diversify your surroundings and see how unfounded that is.

Almost every point you tried to make can be refuted with the socio-economic history of this country. Also, whenever you take in data (no matter how scientific) that deals with race or any social history you have to realize what era it came from and what effect that would have on the statistics. Numbers don't lie, but the men and women who calculate them do.

I'm sure any scientist doing research from say 1800-1950 would have recieved a standing ovation if he produced evidence that the Black/African-American/Negroid was equal to the White/American/Caucasian. NOT!!!

Old 06-22-2009, 04:20 PM

925 posts, read 2,606,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
I knew this post would bring out some form of ignorance. Seriously?, ignorance veiled with science. Skull sizes, ha, joke of the day.
Refute it. It's not a joke. When I say sizes, I'm talking about cranial size with respect to the size of the skull. This has nothing to do with the size of the skull, but rather the percentage cranial capacity with respect to the size of the skull.

Quote:
That's like saying Blacks are naturally dumber than whites, who are naturally dumber than asians.
There are ranges within all groups. However, such is what the data tends to show.

Quote:
All of which is complete bs.
Why is it bs? Is it because it's politically incorrect, and you wish it to not be so? Is it because you're a member of a group that scores low?

Quote:
Diversify your surroundings and see how unfounded that is.
I've lived in those diverse surroundings, more than you could imagine. Besides, even if someone were not living in diverse surroundings, it wouldn't take away from facts.

Quote:
Almost every point you tried to make can be refuted with the socio-economic history of this country.
Not really.

Quote:
Also, whenever you take in data (no matter how scientific) that deals with race or any social history you have to realize what era it came from and what effect that would have on the statistics. Numbers don't lie, but the men and women who calculate them do.
This doesn't have anything to do with an era. Much of the empirical research has been conducted within the past twenty years.

Keep telling yourself that there are no such things as absolutes, if it makes you feel better.

Quote:
I'm sure any scientist doing research from say 1800-1950 would have recieved a standing ovation if he produced evidence that the Black/African-American/Negroid was equal to the White/American/Caucasian. NOT!!!
This isn't relevant to the debate.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:27 PM

177 posts, read 479,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Hey, robotool, you clearly put too much weight into nurture opposed to nature. That's your entire downfall. Why don't you share with the board what your background is, so you can be exposed as the biased, pompous, high horse riding, soap box talking baboon that you really are.

Hey, and the last time I checked colonialism never hurt North America now did it? You are out of excuses. Africa is backwards because of the people who have been put in power century after century after century.
You got it, Im obviously of the elite class, I ride a horse on the weekends, and dust off my soap box at night so I can put psuedo-nazis in their place.

Why dont you share yours that would be more interesting. Oh wait, we know. Youre a 13 year old kid living with angry racist parents. You havent travelled much in life. You like the NFL and hiking, and hope to one day work for border patrol so you can shoot illegal immigrants. Got it.

And your comment about North America shows you havent even had high school history class yet, which makes sense. I mean, trying to compare the circumstances and history of colonization of North America with that of Africa, as if they are somehow similar? Oh man, what are they teaching the children these days?

Old 06-22-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
Refute it. It's not a joke. When I say sizes, I'm talking about cranial size with respect to the size of the skull. This has nothing to do with the size of the skull, but rather the percentage cranial capacity with respect to the size of the skull.
Well then Cranial size, ha, joke of the day. While the sized may differ, it does not effect intelligence. Any correlation in that data more than likely depended on the background of the subjects.

Quote:
There are ranges within all groups. However, such is what the data tends to show.
Data taken from who, where and when? How heavily is this data backed?
How credible is the source of this data? What were the varibles in the collection of this data? Who was the control group? What was the socio-economic and cultural background of the control group?

Quote:
Why is it bs? Is it because it's politically incorrect, and you wish it to not be so? Is it because you're a member of a group that scores low?
It's bullsh*t, because it's bullsh*t.

Quote:
I've lived in those diverse surroundings, more than you could imagine. Besides, even if someone were not living in diverse surroundings, it wouldn't take away from facts.
You can live in a diverse surrounding without ever interacting with someone diverse from you. What I meant by diversifying your environment, was to interact with different types of people on a daily basis then try to apply that concept.

Quote:
This doesn't have anything to do with an era, *****. Much of the empirical research has been conducted within the past twenty years.
Produce this research, and answer the same questions I asked above.

Quote:
Keep telling yourself that there are no such things as absolutes, if it makes you feel better.
When did I say that?

Quote:
This isn't relevant to the debate.
Very relevant.

If you are such a realist then you should now that no data is 100% unbiased when it comes from a human.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboto View Post
You got it, Im obviously of the elite class, I ride a horse on the weekends, and dust off my soap box at night so I can put psuedo-nazis in their place.

Why dont you share yours that would be more interesting. Oh wait, we know. Youre a 13 year old kid living with angry racist parents. You havent travelled much in life. You like the NFL and hiking, and hope to one day work for border patrol so you can shoot illegal immigrants. Got it.

And your comment about North America shows you havent even had high school history class yet, which makes sense. I mean, trying to compare the circumstances and history of colonization of North America with that of Africa, as if they are somehow similar? Oh man, what are they teaching the children these days?
You are a leftist through and through. Every single thing you state is pure drivel that has been drilled into your head via left wing instructors and/or the left wing media.

It must be nice burying your head into the sand and basing your beliefs on inconsistencies with reality.

Like a typical leftist, you pride yourself on making the opposition out to be an imbecile, a mere idiot who is ignorant to the ways of this world. Why don't you prove different points of view as inaccurate, rather than attacking someone's character? Oh yeah, the left doesn't have the truth on their side, so it's all they have.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
Oh yeah, the left doesn't have the truth on their side, so it's all they have.
And until you go dig up some skulls and measure the cranial sizes, you don't either.

What does him being a leftist have to do with the topic at hand. By stating that he is a leftist would you agree that you are a rightist through and through? What makes one any better than the other?

Old 06-22-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
And until you go dig up some skulls and measure the cranial sizes, you don't either.

What does him being a leftist have to do with the topic at hand. By stating that he is a leftist would you agree that you are a rightist through and through? What makes one any better than the other?
The fact that those with left wing opinions side with policies, procedures, and or viewpoints that are damaging to society, or that fly in face of evidence.

If calling me a right winger is meant to relate to myself as someone who is diametrically opposed to points of view on this thread that are different from my own, then I'll gladly carry that honor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.