Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Outside of NYC and Chicago, what is America's most intimidating, exhilarating city?
Seattle 5 4.63%
San Francisco 27 25.00%
Los Angeles 32 29.63%
Las Vegas 3 2.78%
New Orleans 1 0.93%
Houston 9 8.33%
Atlanta 1 0.93%
Miami 5 4.63%
Philadelphia 11 10.19%
Washington, D.C. 4 3.70%
Boston 7 6.48%
Another city not listed (other) 3 2.78%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 03:23 PM

705 posts, read 3,298,304 times

Advertisements

^^I agree, some people from California do ignore the majority if not the rest of the country but thats not everyone. The reason behind that is because California is though of being one of the best states in the nation. Just take a look at some Polls on this forum comparing states. It also helps that everytime Im on the road 1 out of every 5 cars has a license plate from a different state. Yes, it does make us feel special..sort of like New Yorkers feel like they are in the center of the universe. I will also add that most of the L.A. forumers in the L.A. section are hardly found in the General U.S. forum...and those which I do find here are hardly found in the L.A. Forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 07:35 PM

284 posts, read 696,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
I do agree with your second point. I guess people can question why Chicago was considered one of the best defacto no debate.

I'm not sure what your experience is with LA area residents. I am from Greater LA and think the vast majority of us are indifferent about other places, but do NOT hate them. Ask your average LA resident about cities and you will hear about how they LOVE Portland, San Fran, Boston, New York, Seattle, and Chicago. You will then hear they are INDIFFERENT about places like Houston, Dallas, Miami, Denver, etc... We tend to not HATE other cities but may think we are better than other cities. But, who doesn't think their city is the best???? Ask a Chicago resident to pick and they think Chicago is the best. Ask a Miami resident to pick and they think Miami is best. Ask a Seattle resident and you know the answer.

The posters on a forum don't represent a city and arrogance is not hate. The thing I notice is that other places do tend to HATE So Cal. People say they hate LA, but you don't hear LA residents saying they hate other places, just that they don't like them. I could go through the forum and make a list of all the people who say they "Hate" Los Angeles and I think it will be more difficult to find people from LA saying they hate somewhere else.

That is just my take, but I may be totally wrong. I do agree we have a few VERY arrogant LA posters on this particular forum, but they don't represent the majority of the city.
You tell them lol
I agree why do most people hate SoCal i actually really like it it is real nice and a great vacation spot

And i do have Chicago pride (who doent love there home town that is why we live there) i love this city but i keep in the back of my mind that every city is different and have good things in it

Old 08-21-2008, 10:56 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
the thing is....rodeo drive isnt the only famous shopping street in los angeles
the thing is...rodeo drive isn't even in los angeles hehe

Too bad Beverly Hills refused to be annexed into L.A. (along with West Hollywood).

Old 08-22-2008, 01:51 AM

304 posts, read 904,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
the thing is...rodeo drive isn't even in los angeles hehe

Too bad Beverly Hills refused to be annexed into L.A. (along with West Hollywood).
los angeles county, there

Old 08-22-2008, 08:04 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,742,903 times
We're discussing about the city, not county

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
los angeles county, there

Old 08-22-2008, 10:31 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,161,008 times
Rodeo Drive is very much apart of the city of LA. Just like Beverly Hills and Compton. For you to suggest that it isn't shows you do not know much about the Greater LA area.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:43 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,742,903 times
I do know the LA area. You don't need to lecture me on that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Rodeo Drive is very much apart of the city of LA. Just like Beverly Hills and Compton. For you to suggest that it isn't shows you do not know much about the Greater LA area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.