Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 12:03 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,437,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Del Estado de California

Those are fantastic photos the second one must be somewhere in Orange county, right? [it is beautiful

The lake in the second photo is in Mission Viejo, but Saddleback Mountain is in unincorporated Orange County just beyond the city limits.

LA County has mountains in the San Gabriels that are way taller though. Santiago Peak is OC's tallest and is a bit smaller than even Mt. Wilson. Our peak would only be the 15th tallest out of San Gabriel's peaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 12:51 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,609,576 times
You guys mention places like California getting snow... At what elevation are you speaking of? Obviously snow will fall at higher elevations! Lets look at what areas in the U.S. gets snow that are under 2000' elevation... That would be more remarkable...

Old 08-21-2008, 04:26 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,453,791 times
Another place which doesn't seem to be mentioned much (apart from the first page) in here is the Sierra Nevada.

Last edited by mattyj46; 08-21-2008 at 04:35 PM..

Old 08-21-2008, 05:07 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,986,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
...And I'm letting you know that nothing you said changes anything, the Cascade Mountains of Washington get more snow than anywhere else in the country.
Ok you stated your point and what of it?, dont quote what i have to say just to start arguements.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:22 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,054,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Ok you stated your point and what of it?, dont quote what i have to say just to start arguements.
No argument intended.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:56 PM

147 posts, read 376,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
FYI, Chicago gets less snow than the East Coast and is not much colder either.
"FYI" - I have been to both many times, and that is my opinion. Not to mention, I find far more Chicago transplants complain about the weather in the Windy City, than NYC transplants complain about their prior location.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:00 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,959,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona sunset View Post
"FYI" - I have been to both many times, and that is my opinion. Not to mention, I find far more Chicago transplants complain about the weather in the Windy City, than NYC transplants complain about their prior location.
*sigh*

that's NOT why Chicago is called the windy city!!!!! it's called that because back in the late 1800s they said Chicago Politicians "blow out a lot of wind" when they speak.

anyways.....any state can recieve snowfall even Florida, once a year some part of the Panhandle of Florida recieves some form of sleet/snow, etc.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:06 PM

147 posts, read 376,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
*sigh*

that's NOT why Chicago is called the windy city!!!!! it's called that because back in the late 1800s they said Chicago Politicians "blow out a lot of wind" when they speak.
....from what I hear they still do. Illinois seems to be corruption central, with a huge divide between upstate and downstate interests. It is really to bad....

Old 08-21-2008, 08:10 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,986,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona sunset View Post
....from what I hear they still do. Illinois seems to be corruption central, with a huge divide between upstate and downstate interests. It is really to bad....
Ya it reminds me of New Mexico,.. Corruption Central as well and the North gets more attention than the South part of the state.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:13 PM

721 posts, read 2,609,987 times
Northeastern Minnesota, Northern Wisconsin and the UP of Michigan get a lot of snow, especially the UP. Basically dumped on by Lake effect snow.

Buffalo and Syracuse NY get Lake effect too.

I lived in Seattle for 7 years and laugh at the snow there. Everytime it snowed about 2 inches, the place would shut down. I think they have about 2 snowplows for the whole city! No one knows how to drive in the stuff and everyone has studs on their tires. Whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.