Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 04:40 PM

7 posts, read 18,832 times

Advertisements

Vermont suppose to pass a law that changes civil union to gay marriages i almost got married to a girl but she turned out to be a *****....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 02:17 AM

1,981 posts, read 5,988,207 times
We're everywhere.. and its only a matter of time before its nationwide.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:11 PM

109 posts, read 441,238 times
The Twin Cities are pretty gay friendly I believe. My sister wants me to move there so I can fit in better, but then again, I guess anywhere would be better than ND ^_^

Old 11-02-2008, 04:20 PM

151 posts, read 785,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Next in line will be the states near or adjoining gay-friendly states:

Nevada
Arizona
Maine
Rhode Island
Pennslvanya
Ohio
Michigan
Illinois
Minnesota
Iowa
I bet New York and/or New Jersey will allow same-sex marriage next. I don't see any southern states allowing same-sex marriage until at least 2050

Old 11-02-2008, 08:21 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivabigpapi View Post
I bet New York and/or New Jersey will allow same-sex marriage next. I don't see any southern states allowing same-sex marriage until at least 2050
I see Georgia allowing gay marriages, since Atlanta have one of the highest percentage of gay people in the country.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:13 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,021,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
A domestic partnership bill lost in New Mexico by a hair this year and I expect it will be passed in the near future. Recently some group or organization (I wish I could remember the specifics) named NM the 2nd most gay friendly state in the country after NY.

Oh I believe it, we were just talking today about how there were so many lezi's here

and I think Santa Fe is behind San Fran in the gay category

Old 11-02-2008, 11:20 PM

151 posts, read 785,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
I see Georgia allowing gay marriages, since Atlanta have one of the highest percentage of gay people in the country.
when? 2050? I'm sorry, I just do not see any southern state allowing same-sex marriage anytime soon.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:48 PM

638 posts, read 2,242,915 times
At least in Southern Nevada we have a live and let live mentality. I haven't had any problems, but occasionally bump into a new arrival from a rural part of the country who is still in culture shock. Not sure about Northern Nevada though.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:53 AM

4 posts, read 19,874 times
I know Minnesota doesn't have gay marriage or civil unions but it is pretty gay friendly; the Twin Cities have the highest gay population and highest registered gay couples in the country (per capita). The Twin Cities also boast one of the largest gay prides in the country. The state has many laws including and protecting the GLBT community and was the first state to protect and include transgender people. I would say it is a progressive state and democratic legislators plan on pushing for gay marriage this year which won't pass thanks to our Governor.

Here is a link to Outfront Minnesota (a GLBT nonprofit lobbying organization).
OutFront Minnesota - Our Gay, Lesbian, Bi, & Trans Community Center On The Web

Old 02-01-2009, 11:15 AM

138 posts, read 368,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivabigpapi View Post
when? 2050? I'm sorry, I just do not see any southern state allowing same-sex marriage anytime soon.
Southern states will allow gay marriage when they are forced to. Arkansas is probably the worst state in the country to live in if you are gay. This is one of the few states you can still be fired from your job if you are gay. Not only that, there is no real gay community. Most gay people stay in the closet, and the ones who are brave enough to come out face major persecution. At least the other conservative states have larger cities that tend to be a bit more open - not so in Arkansas. Most gay people here move to Memphis or Dallas to escape intense discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.