Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 01:05 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamtonfordbury View Post
Huntsville, AL:
Rocket Strip (or Redstone) - everything south of Martin Road and Four Mile Post Road.
Millton - Everything South of Governors Drive and West of Memorial Parkway
Twickenham - Downtown and the rest of the city.

I don't know what to do with all the newly annexed areas.
Feed them to the tornadoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 02:30 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,882,037 times
Los Angeles could easily break into 3 pieces: West LA, Central/South LA, and San Fernando Valley.

The Valley has been trying to succeed from LA for decades.

West LA would arguably be better off as its own city as the upper class people here get taxes sucked from them to supply benefits to the poor (and many illegal) people in Central/South LA. Beverley Hills, Santa Monica, and West Holllywood are smart enough to be separate cities and function very well on their own.

Obviously Central/South LA would have terrible tax revenues and would be horribly worse off without the tax money from West LA/the Valley. Studies have shown that at least 1/3 residents in Central/South LA are illegal. Add to that the tens of thousands of homeless in this part of LA and you have one dysfunctional city!

Old 06-24-2013, 06:37 PM

93,166 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndicottNewYork View Post
Binghamton, NY is way, way too small for this, obviously. But the question has always intrigued me, since, due to the rivers, Binghamton is made up of three sections that aren't landlocked at all. Boundaries by nature.
Each section would essentially be similar to Johnson City or Endicott in population.

I guess for Syracuse, one area could be west of I-81(essentially the West and South sides). It would essentially be more blue collar, but with a range of neighborhoods.

Another area could be the area of the city east of I-81, but also north of I-690. That's the North side and the Eastwood neighborhood. Again, a wide range of neighborhoods, with Eastwood being a former suburb that was annexed in the late 1920's. This area also has some of the oldest neighborhoods in the area.

Lastly, the East side(south of I-690 and east of I-81) would essentially be a college town due to Syracuse University, LeMoyne College and Upstate Medical Center. It also houses 2 other hospitals.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:41 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,128,454 times
Atlanta: Buckhead, Central, South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.