Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2010, 04:24 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,597,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Inc. View Post
Now, I posted videos of both northern and southern hood 2 hood videos.

can't we agree the state of Maryland is a mix of both?
agreed. Although the hood thing is universal.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:31 PM

276 posts, read 432,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
agreed. Although the hood thing is universal.
I know the hood thing is universal, but you can tell that the accents and dialect differs greatly between the north and the south. But you notices that the Baltimore and DC videos sound like its mixed up. Makes sense to me both cities have a southern past and are below the mason dixon line however theres a great east coast culture/influence in both cities.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:55 PM

35 posts, read 129,942 times
Quote:
lol yeah yall cats down there sound nuffin like cats from Northern VA.

Its not so much southern, its more like a major combination of hillbilly/redneck down here in northern VA, and I can prove it I have this picture of my neighbors in Arlington VA . And we all actually look like this by the way. Me and the guys like to shoot squirrels and cook them and eat them right next to the key bridge, so if you pass by allot you've probably seen us. Ever seen that bumper sticker "I brake for animals I eat them and wear there skins" yeah that was all me baby! All me! And you can actually buy that bumper sticker at Ranger Surplus in Tyson's Corner which is where my 3rd shack with no running water is located.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:22 PM

711 posts, read 1,143,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
He seems to believe that anyone that believes Maryland is not a Southern state like Mississippi or Alabama or Georgia, they are hating on the state of Maryland. Most on here agrees that Maryland is not as Southern as those other states and that they have more in common with the Northeast than they do with the Southeast. But he will continue to say that.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotsaedumacation View Post
Its not so much southern, its more like a major combination of hillbilly/redneck down here in northern VA, and I can prove it I have this picture of my neighbors in Arlington VA . And we all actually look like this by the way. Me and the guys like to shoot squirrels and cook them and eat them right next to the key bridge, so if you pass by allot you've probably seen us. Ever seen that bumper sticker "I brake for animals I eat them and wear there skins" yeah that was all me baby! All me! And you can actually buy that bumper sticker at Ranger Surplus in Tyson's Corner which is where my 3rd shack with no running water is located.
The folks in the picture look like they can be from Cleveland or Detroit or some rust belt city. and yea, very funny. you have to get past Quantico before you see hillbillies.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:03 PM

386 posts, read 986,703 times
Quote:
lol yeah yall cats down there sound nuffin like cats from Northern VA.
Yea that's the Central VA AA accent. lol. The abouts, house sound like abote, hoose kinda. The words crazy, baby, etc sound kinda like creyzy, beyby, similar to New Orleans. The word here sounds like heyuh, there kinda like theyuh. momma is pronounced like mumma. Car sounds like cah. The most used slang words are mane and jont. Strange you mention the Tennessee thing because the last time I was in the DC area I had someone ask me if I was from Tennessee when they heard me speaking.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:05 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,963,986 times
Quote:
I know the hood thing is universal, but you can tell that the accents and dialect differs greatly between the north and the south. But you notices that the Baltimore and DC videos sound like its mixed up. Makes sense to me both cities have a southern past and are below the mason dixon line however theres a great east coast culture/influence in both cities.
BALTIMORE, and DC have different accents. About an hour ago i was in radio shack and the dude that helped me sounded southern; he was from dc tho.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
BALTIMORE, and DC have different accents. About an hour ago i was in radio shack and the dude that helped me sounded southern; he was from dc tho.
How you know he was from DC?
Because he had dreads or something?

Old 12-27-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
BALTIMORE, and DC have different accents.
well besides the fact y'all pronounce some of your words kinda British, theres not that much different. Like instead of saying "you", yall say "yeww", instead of two yall say "teww" lol sounds so damn British.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:45 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,963,986 times
Quote:
How you know he was from DC?
Because he had dreads or something?
Because he said he was from dc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.