Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 08:43 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,537,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
No,NYC can keep the piece of **** UN.
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 01:17 PM

43,657 posts, read 44,385,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k View Post
If you were to move the U.N., it'd most likely end up in Geneva.
The UN should definitely stay in NYC. I believe that UN already has another headquarters in Geneva as well.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:24 PM

187 posts, read 524,269 times
The U.N should be dismantled. But since the U.S. basically foots the bill it's main office will always be in the U.S. However, I think it should stay in NYC. If I were with a visiting diplomatic delegation, that's where I'd want to be. THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS!

Old 11-09-2013, 10:06 PM

1,612 posts, read 2,421,409 times
The UN would never move to a national capital. The whole point was to go to a place not associated with any national govt. That's why the other cities that were considered way back when were San Francisco, Geneva and a few others.

And no way in hell is the UN moving from NYC. If by some crazy chance they did move, they aren't going to DC, I guarantee that.

Also, most of the comments on this thread are pretty sad. Is C-D 90% teabaggers and Sarah Palin nutjobs? The UN's primary role is peacekeeping and emergency assistance. I guess to some people, these are "pansy" roles and they're rather be doing "manly" things like drag-racing and shooting things out in the sticks.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:20 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,853,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiVegas View Post
Also, most of the comments on this thread are pretty sad. Is C-D 90% teabaggers and Sarah Palin nutjobs? The UN's primary role is peacekeeping and emergency assistance. I guess to some people, these are "pansy" roles and they're rather be doing "manly" things like drag-racing and shooting things out in the sticks.
Nothing pansy about the UN's roles, BUT the reliance on the US is overwhelming compared to the other member nations. Plus the butting in and trying to rule all Countries as THEy see fit and not how the people of said Countries see fit, isn't right. It would be like your neighbor coming in and telling you how you had to mow your grass, or where your kids had to go to school or college. No difference, just a larger scale.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:02 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,259,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastguy View Post
I think it would be easier and makes much sense if the UN was Moved to the DC area...If DC proper is not feasible DC suburbs like Moco or Somewhere in Nova
The John Birch Society has been saying "Get US out!of the United Nations" for many years. Move the UN headquarters to Afghanistan.

Old 11-10-2013, 07:57 PM

89 posts, read 179,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Nothing pansy about the UN's roles, BUT the reliance on the US is overwhelming compared to the other member nations. Plus the butting in and trying to rule all Countries as THEy see fit and not how the people of said Countries see fit, isn't right. It would be like your neighbor coming in and telling you how you had to mow your grass, or where your kids had to go to school or college. No difference, just a larger scale.
From what you described this sounds exactly like what the US gov prefers. Not saying this is always a bad thing, but US foreign policy is always trying to butt into other country's affairs (both for good and bad reasons) through political, economic and military actions. No other country comes any where close to US's level in this regard.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:36 PM

9 posts, read 7,763 times
I don't like the ideology that the US should be in everyones buisness. I don't care how exceptional you think this country is. To have just one country try to settle all the worlds problems is unrealistic and insane.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:37 PM

1,445 posts, read 2,321,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero64 View Post
I don't like the ideology that the US should be in everyones buisness. I don't care how exceptional you think this country is. To have just one country try to settle all the worlds problems is unrealistic and insane.
Who else would?

Old 11-11-2013, 10:21 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiVegas View Post
The UN would never move to a national capital. The whole point was to go to a place not associated with any national govt. That's why the other cities that were considered way back when were San Francisco, Geneva and a few others.

And no way in hell is the UN moving from NYC. If by some crazy chance they did move, they aren't going to DC, I guarantee that.

No, I would say that 90% of CD are people that want to compartmentalize others into ridiculous and irrelevant stereotypes like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.