Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 12:46 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,005,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post

this whole thread is based in fear and living in fear. When a person gains the ability to not ever be in fear, then wherever one lives is just fine.

Well then George W. Bush wouldn't have much influence, would he?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 12:57 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,474,689 times
I would never leave the United States.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:29 PM

142 posts, read 658,731 times
On a different tack, how many have children at or nearing adult age, and having thoughts about leaving the US? We're currently hundreds of billions in debt due to the war, and we're now at the point where we'll adding billions more to that debt to avoid an economic meltdown. Add to that the staggering and enormous shortfall in funding for Social Security, and part of me says..I don't blame them for emigrating. Is this realistic?

Old 09-26-2008, 08:45 PM

3,070 posts, read 7,986,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
it's funny, red v. blue. republican v. democrat. that was one of the biggest and best magick tricks ever pulled off. get the people to think in terms of black or white when in reality they all are the same...consumed by corporate greed and only exist to help out the richest of the rich.
Thank you. Do people not realize that dems/reps etc. are ownly in it for themselves and their cronies? They don't give a **** about you or me. Most of them are just a big bunch of thieves.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:24 PM

9,501 posts, read 16,399,536 times
Actually for me I would have already left the USA some time ago, except for two factors. One I am not of an income to pack up and leave. Second, I have chronic medical conditions and my health insurance would not cover me in Europe, or Canada. I would or could never put my self in that kind of danger, by waiting for health care to take affect in another country. I do not feel that the USA is for all its citizens any longer. I have no idea what it takes for people to realize that, to me it is quite obvious. It is very sad it is that way, but one has to face reality. THe USA has become a country for the Haves. It has become a country for certain segments of society and the rest of us can leave if we don't like it. No that is not a country that one could call home or would even want to consider. However for me leaving would be worse than staying. Hopefully Obama and Biden can begin the long long process of fixing this entire mess. I don't just blame Bush I blame every self righteous person or severely limited mindset that voted for that disgrace of a president.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:30 AM

38 posts, read 155,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have actually discussed it with my husband. I don't think a lot of people realize who they are dealing with when they give their support to Obama. I believe in freedom and I am not sure he knows what that is. He wants women to be free to kill, but he does not want a person to be able to defend their homes. I am not for a lot of controls except prison for uncivilized people who commit crimes. A persons home should be his castle and he should be free to defend it against intruders without fear of becoming a criminal in the eyes of the law even if a gun is required to do so.

What he was saying on TV this morning and the way he was saying it brought fear to my heart. It was global this and global that. Giving to charity is fine, but we do not need to all be equaled in monetary ways unless we do it for ourselves. Charity should be something you choose to do, not something the government makes you do. The man seems unAmerican to me. The thing that is most fearful is that he seems to really believe what he is saying and thinks he is right. We need to stay a sovereign nation if we are to remain a free country.

Being a free country is tough sometimes, but it is better than any other government.
oh brother

Old 09-28-2008, 12:35 AM

638 posts, read 2,235,242 times
I guess I am not asking where you would go, or if you would go. What I want to know is what is the last straw. What would it take for you to bolt (if you could).

Old 09-28-2008, 08:38 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,294,666 times
I am staying right here through the good and the bad and it's going to get really bad. Our Country is in trouble and none of the politicians care about the everyday people. Politics and Gov't has gotten way too big and I believe "ALL of them lie". You can't be an honest, decent, and good person to win an election, IMO. Money talks in politics and you have to know how to play the corruption game. I absolutely hate lies.

So my DH and I are setting up to be independent- not over the top survivalist but I would rather be prepared and self sufficient. The less Gov't in my life the happier I am. We are building an Off Grid solar and wind powered self sufficient home. This is what we are doing so we can stay in the US.

//www.city-data.com/forum/tenne...tennessee.html

Lisa

Old 09-28-2008, 08:54 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,244,176 times
Im considering, in passing thoughts these days, of moving to Vancouver Canada. ONly thing is I don't know how to move to Canada or what the first thing I need to do is. I need the healthcare. I know that the taxes are higher, but are they really, I mean if you consider that I pay 800 dollars a month for health insurance, not to mention the deductable. I think its just about a wash. The benifit to me is when I semi retire, and take a part time job, they can only tax what I make, where as the health insurance I pay is now 3 times what I paid in 1999. I also like the idea that my 6 year old wont be in Iraq in 11 or 12 years from now. Been there, done that...NO THANKS America.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:21 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,002,799 times
All I can say to all you left winger U.S. hating wusses is don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out. And take Obama with you. When times get tough the whining lefties will be the first ones to run away. How many of you swore to move to Canada if Bush got re-elected and how many are still here whining.
Nothing will make me leave my country but I just may buy quite a bit more ammo. just in case of an outbreak of anarchy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.