Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 04:28 PM

106,651 posts, read 108,790,719 times

Advertisements

point i think though its still much worse now then anyother time because of the vested interested soooooo many people have over the last decade compared to earlier times.. baby boomers are the wealthiest generation in history
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 04:35 PM

835 posts, read 1,322,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
point i think though its still much worse now then anyother time because of the vested interested soooooo many people have over the last decade compared to earlier times.. baby boomers are the wealthiest generation in history
July 23rd 2002 Falls 82.24 to close at 7,702.34. The market has declined 4,020.64, or 34%, since January 14, 2000.
Oct. 9th 2002 Falls 215.22 to close at 7,286.27. The market has declined 4,436.71, or 38%, since January 14, 2000.

2001 one day loss was above 7%

The stock market is above 10300K hello! 34% and 38% and the dow went above 14K a mere 5 years later.....it doubled in value from 2002 to 2007 7K to 14K in 5 years. Now it is back to where it should be as it was over inflated.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:42 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Ok, Summering going to the basement and looking for her boxed up "cookie jar"........
( lookin' around, lookin')
Our financial Planner (?) hasn't answered our two calls to him.........one a over a week ago.
Do they hide when things implode?

All kidding aside, something has to be passed. They noted on TV that we will freeze the economy and our growth. You won't get a car loan, a home loan, not much of any kind of loan.

As much as I hate, hate, saving the varmits who put us in this position......we have to, or we sink.
We're done. Get out you sugar, flour, and gas coupons. Life can get horrible.

I can't wish that on anyone. Voting for any party, or thinking in a different light then myself.
They said we must have something go through within the next few days or within a week at most, or we are all going to be hurting.
I want to see everyone get their paychecks, have a job to go to, be able to get gas and foods......things can get real bad. I don't want to see it happen to show someone a lesson.

Last edited by Summering; 09-29-2008 at 04:50 PM..

Old 09-29-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
You have to look at the 777 drop as % of the market. It is only a 7% drop which is not even significant to be counted on the list of top 5 drops of the market.
The News Shows are stating " The Market had its biggest point loss in its history".......this from a few stations. We can drop into a recession and then a depression. I don't want it to happen, and thats my bottom line.
( the rest better be in the cookie jar)

Old 09-29-2008, 04:52 PM

248 posts, read 798,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Ok, Summering going to the basement and looking for her boxed up "cookie jar"........
Our financial Planner (?) hasn't answered our two calls to him.........one a over a week ago.

All kidding aside, something has to be passed. They noted on TV that we will freeze the economy and our growth. You won't get a car loan, a home loan, not much of any kind of loan.

As much as I hate, hate, saving the varmits who put us in this position......we have to, or we sink.

I can't wish that on anyone. Voting for any party, or thinking in a different light then myself.
They said we must have something go through within the next few days or within a week at most, or we are all going to be hurting.
I want to see everyone get their paychecks, have a job to go to, be able to get gas and foods......things can get real bad. I don't want to see it happen to show someone a lesson.
AMEN AMEN!! we didnt give a big FU to the banks. we gave it to US - the ordinary everyday person just trying to live day to day.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:07 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,539 times
Sum it up in 1 word....

YouTube - Help! Beatles

Old 09-29-2008, 05:12 PM

835 posts, read 1,322,209 times
Quote:
The News Shows are stating " The Market had its biggest point loss in its history".......this from a few stations. We can drop into a recession and then a depression. I don't want it to happen, and thats my bottom line.
( the rest better be in the cookie jar)
Yes because the media wants to scare you....let's look at it logically.
In 2002 after the dow had lost 38% the most in its history it was around 7200 and had lost 4400. In 2007 a mere 5 years later the Dow closed over 14000 for the first time in its history. It lost 7% today....in 2002 it lost a combined 34% and 38% and climbed to 14000 in 2007. High and lows it will have them.
You go to Vegas with $1000 and lose $750....it is a 75% loss.
Next time you go to Vegas you go with $10,000 and you lose $3000....it is a 30% loss....it is a whole lot more than the $750 the first time where you walked with $250...however you leave with $7000 the second time around which is 28% more than you first trip. It is about the % not the point loss.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:26 PM

57 posts, read 123,290 times
Quote:

Tell you what...

When they do the bailout and it doesn't work... It can't. Then we will be that much worse off.

Did you know??
The total indebtedness in the USA is 38 trillion..... It is estimated that we will have a 7% default. thats... 2.66 trillion tell me how 25% will help more folks than the few selected wall street firms?

Old 09-29-2008, 05:29 PM

CNSNews.com - Dow Closes with Largest One-Day Point Drop in History (http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=36531 - broken link)

Whatever kind of loss. It doesn't sound conducive to a thriving America, and the predictions are not too good either.
You don't want to freeze your economy and your growth.
We will have a recession leading to a depression, if someone doesn't sign some savior bill quickly.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:33 PM

57 posts, read 123,290 times
Quote:
CNSNews.com - Dow Closes with Largest One-Day Point Drop in History (http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=36531 - broken link)

Whatever kind of loss. It doesn't sound conducive to a thriving America, and the predictions are not too good either.
You don't want to freeze your economy and your growth.
We will have a recession leading to a depression, if someone doesn't sign some savior bill quickly.
Oh, the sky is falling.... Ahhh

Come on if you didn't expect the market to correct. Where have you been for the last year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.