Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 08:14 PM

450 posts, read 1,058,959 times

Advertisements

To all the complainers, belly-achers, malcontents, frustrated idealists, etc. that post in these forums. How many of you lack good food, decent shelter and clothing on your backs? You would think people would get tired of finding fault with everything. You could be living in a 3rd world country. Lets see where this thread goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 08:31 PM

134 posts, read 145,145 times
nowhere.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:40 PM

784 posts, read 1,980,857 times
Good point! Everyone has the right to complain some, but it helps to remember how good most of us have it.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:45 PM

2,507 posts, read 8,559,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyer View Post
To all the complainers, belly-achers, malcontents, frustrated idealists, etc. that post in these forums. How many of you lack good food, decent shelter and clothing on your backs? You would think people would get tired of finding fault with everything. You could be living in a 3rd world country. Lets see where this thread goes.
Nazi Germany had food, clothing and shelter too. All those Jewish idealists....

Old 10-26-2008, 12:23 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemba View Post
Good point! Everyone has the right to complain some, but it helps to remember how good most of us have it.
The key word there is "most of us". People who are politically progressive are interested in social programs for that large bunch of people who are not "most of us". I'm doing OK, economically, and nothing that I ever complain about arises from anything that I want for myself.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnehahapolitan View Post
Nazi Germany had food, clothing and shelter too. All those Jewish idealists....
Your point is?

Old 10-26-2008, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
The key word there is "most of us". People who are politically progressive are interested in social programs for that large bunch of people who are not "most of us". I'm doing OK, economically, and nothing that I ever complain about arises from anything that I want for myself.
Has any country as large and diverse as ours ever done more to help its citizens than we do in all of human history? The fatal flaw of social progressivism is the utopian notion that man is perfectable through his nurture and not through a change in his nature.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyer View Post
Your point is?
My point is...When idiots like you, who have what they need, become permissive towards things they don't think effect them, those things usually effect them at a later date. There was some Bavarian farmer who had food, clothes and shelter who didn't think it necessary to have his opinion influence his government. Five years later his house was gone and his son was dead.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnehahapolitan View Post
My point is...When idiots like you, who have what they need, become permissive towards things they don't think effect them, those things usually effect them at a later date. There was some Bavarian farmer who had food, clothes and shelter who didn't think it necessary to have his opinion influence his government. Five years later his house was gone and his son was dead.
I am talking in generalities while you are taking it personally. You know nothing about me and yet you call me an idiot. I have what I need because God has blessed me and because I have worked for over forty years. If someone else has a time of suffering in their life, or a specific need presently unfulfilled, is their situation relieved by diminishing me and verbally abusing me? Nothing I have came via a silver spoon. I help where I can, how about you?

Old 10-26-2008, 08:07 PM

You imply that people who would criticize anything are just a bunch of whiners, than you get all offended when somebody takes that personally? You're a real piece of work. I don't help anybody at all, ever. I would rather just complain about everything because nothing makes me happy. There is no possible why that criticism can be constructive.
You have what you have today becuse some belly-acher like me fought to ensure that your work was well-compensated. Work alone doesn't guarantee you anything, it never has and it never will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.