Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 09:11 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
My parents let me cuss all the time and I'm 17.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 09:17 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Who cares? What's wrong with cussing? It's good for emphasis. My parents let me cuss all the time and I'm 17.
Show me somebody who cusses all the time, and I'll show you a guy who doesn't have much of a vocabulary.

You're 17? What the hell do you know about anything? Now getouttahere.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:19 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,689,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Show me somebody who cusses all the time, and I'll show you a guy who doesn't have much of a vocabulary.

You're 17? What the hell do you know about anything? Now getouttahere.
Wait I'm younger than him, do I have to leave too?

Old 11-01-2008, 09:21 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
I certainly hope you're at least 16 if you're HERE.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:23 PM

Uhh............ sure........... (seriously yes)

Old 11-01-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Nah. As long as you don't say stupid things. But it's still conditional.

However, all people under 22 should wake up every morning, and say the following oath in the mirror:

"I am not a fully-formed adult. I have no clue about the real world. I currently exist at the pleasure of my parents. I have not had children, worked a job that didn't involve french fries, or paid all my own living expenses. My opinions about things besides music, teenage girls, and sports are completely irrelevant, having been formed in a vacuum, for I have no tangible experience that matters. Therefore, I will not strut around in the classroom, the office, or anywhere else where real adults work and make decisions everyday and act superior to them. I will not see their opinions as stupid, for I realize that they've got decades of living under their belts, with all its ups and downs, while I don't have squat. Instead, if I'm smart, I will absorb their collective wisdom, learn from their mistakes, and generally not behave like an obnoxious know-it-all."

Do this, and the adult world will like open up for you like a rare and delicate flower. Ignore it at your own peril. For while the Bible says that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, in my book the beginning of wisdom is waking up and realizing that you don't know diddley-crap and you need to really learn from those who do.

Oh. One other thing. Try grocery shopping for a family of five at Lou's Corner Grocery, and then buy the same list at Wal-Mart and compare. Hey, if Lou's is anywhere within 10% of Wal-Mart, then Lou gets my business. But when it means shelling out $800/month in groceries versus $1,300/month in grocery, guess where my money's going? What's more, after taxes, that $400-$500/month in monthly savings is really $800-$1,000 in pre-tax earnings. And yet FutureCop is lecturing us on where we shop. LOL.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Nah. As long as you don't say stupid things. But it's still conditional.

However, all people under 22 should wake up every morning, and say the following oath in the mirror:

"I am not a fully-formed adult. I have no clue about the real world. I currently exist at the pleasure of my parents. I have not had children, worked a job that didn't involve french fries, or paid all my own living expenses. My opinions about things besides music, teenage girls, and sports are completely irrelevant, having been formed in a vacuum, for I have no tangible experience that matters. Therefore, I will not strut around in the classroom, the office, or anywhere else where real adults work and make decisions everyday and act superior to them. I will not see their opinions as stupid, for I realize that they've got decades of living under their belts, with all its ups and downs, while I don't have squat. Instead, if I'm smart, I will absorb their collective wisdom, learn from their mistakes, and generally not behave like an obnoxious know-it-all."

Do this, and the adult world will like open up for you like a rare and delicate flower. Ignore it at your own peril. For while the Bible says that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, in my book the beginning of wisdom is waking up and realizing that you don't know diddley-crap and you need to really learn from those who do.
Oh the adult world does like me, a lot.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Oh the adult world does like me, a lot.
That's because you're from Nebraska, right? All those kids in the Corn Belt are polite. The world likes polite kids.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:42 PM

Ohh, thanks, would have repped you but I couldn't, but to be honest a lot of the kids at my school are very self oriented fools.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:29 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Flow-chart mentaity has eroded common sense from the top down. If a judge uses common sense, he gets overturned on appeal. If a school board uses common sense, they lose their accreditation. If a municipality uses common sense, they lose their grant money. If a public sector worker uses common sense, he gets reprimanded or fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.