Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 03:12 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,890,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturelover17 View Post
You know, TheWereRabbit, if you want to have an argument you need to learn how to do it properly. All you seem capable of doing are Ad Hominems, personal attacks that have nothing whatsoever to do with the subject at hand. You liberals know how to dish out criticism about discrimination and equality, but you certainly don't know how to listen to the other side of the issues. It's because you're so closed-minded that you won't even listen to the other side. You and your kind, who claim to be open-minded, engage in some of the most blatant double-standards I have ever witnessed. Apparently, you seem to think that YOU have the right to make your beliefs publicly known, but when the opposition tries to do the same it suddenly becomes "unconstitutional, politically incorrect, and bigotry." Liberals CLAIM to stand for equality, but in reality only those who are in agreement with popular opinion have rights, while those who are not are oppressed.

If you want people to take you seriously you should stop comparing people to Hitler. aaaaand you also said "Obama stands for the murder of innocents".

I would've had a more intelligent response if there was anything else to say.

My 2nd comment in this thread was not directed at you but the "sillyness" of unnessecarily saying than women have vaginas. Regardless, Lucidus had a point. You did not.

EDIT: I have also never in my life referred to anything as "unconstitutional, politically incorrect, and bigotry."
I mean, c'mon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 04:13 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,663,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladt View Post
I am already off it. Just stating fact and why things are the way the are and why people think and act the way the do. You don't know me, if you did you would know that of all people you would ever meet I am a forward thinking person. Again, I was just stating what it is.
I'm afraid I just don't see how it accomplished anything other than finding fault with the mistakes of our forefathers. Sorry

Old 11-06-2008, 07:24 PM

521 posts, read 1,623,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate14ri View Post
you can't right off obama as a bad president yet. he hasn't done anything in office yet. who knows, he may surprise you.
I dont think anyone is writting off obama as a president. It would be foolish for anyone to do so. I hope he does a good job and and helps remove the color barriers that are still evident.

I think people are having problems with the way he got elected, that is, the factors that came into play such as race and the desire to make history. Neither of which is a good reason to elect anyone to run our country.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:14 AM

46 posts, read 208,497 times
[quote=TheWereRabbit;6042046]aaaaand you also said "Obama stands for the murder of innocents".

My 2nd comment in this thread was not directed at you but the "sillyness" of unnessecarily saying than women have vaginas. Regardless, Lucidus had a point. You did not.

First of all, if you're going to quote me do it properly. Obama does stand for the murder of the innocent, as babies are the most innocent people there are. And I'm not just talking about abortion here. Obama seems to think that babies who are born normally after nine months of growth and development, after surviving their mothers' attempts to abort them, should be killed. He also believes that babies born prematurely are not humans either, and therefore have no rights and should be murdered. The man has no values. Obama wants to make it so having an opinion against homosexuality is a "hate crime," like how it is in Canada where they put pastors in prison for reading certain passages from the Bible. He wants to take away the freedom of speech from millions of Americans. As for your second comment, if you didn't mean for it to be directed at me then you should not have quoted my entry and then written "**** you."

Old 11-07-2008, 01:58 AM

17 posts, read 56,798 times
I think that this is the most influential event in the history of blacks in America. It will also have a huge impact on how the world views the US. The US was once seen as a beacon of hope, prosperity and civility. That has been deteriorated over the past number of years and Obama's election shows the world that America can still lead the way.

Rank the greatest events in US Black History (http://www.irankd.com/ListSummary.aspx?ListId=858 - broken link)

Old 11-07-2008, 02:27 AM

2,114 posts, read 4,890,558 times
[quote=naturelover17;6050983]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
aaaaand you also said "Obama stands for the murder of innocents".

First of all, if you're going to quote me do it properly. Obama does stand for the murder of the innocent, as babies are the most innocent people there are. And I'm not just talking about abortion here. Obama seems to think that babies who are born normally after nine months of growth and development, after surviving their mothers' attempts to abort them, should be killed. He also believes that babies born prematurely are not humans either, and therefore have no rights and should be murdered. The man has no values. Obama wants to make it so having an opinion against homosexuality is a "hate crime," like how it is in Canada where they put pastors in prison for reading certain passages from the Bible. He wants to take away the freedom of speech from millions of Americans. As for your second comment, if you didn't mean for it to be directed at me then you should not have quoted my entry and then written "**** you."

That was my first comment and that was directed at you.

**** you.

...Hitler.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:24 AM

263 posts, read 796,132 times

Old 11-07-2008, 05:15 AM

597 posts, read 1,294,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanityRules View Post
Obama is now our 44th president and now the nations first black president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Obama is the Guy!!

Old 11-07-2008, 07:50 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,297,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
I would be disappointed if the focus was on her being a woman and president. Wow!

Consider this quote taken from this very thread.

Now lets change some things up.

Say McCain had won.

I'm glad that there is a white male president(i'm a white male also)

Or Clinton.

I'm glad that there is a female president(i'm female also)

or to put it more ridiculously

I'm glad that there is a president with a vagina (i have a vagina also)

It just seems silly to me.

I'm glad that there is a left-handed president(i'm left-handed also)

I'm glad that there is a skinny president(i'm skinny also)

I'm glad that there is an idiot president(i'm an idiot also)

OK. I don't know if you're trolling or if you're really that dim. How can you not see the significance in the first black president? Do you think that the US was born only 30 years ago? Do you think that we were all conceived in a vacuum? This is something that hasn't been done in any other modern western, industrialized country and its siginificance is larger than any of us can imagine. For a black person to be president within only 40 years of the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act is quite simply astounding.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:54 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,904,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCali4LifeSD View Post
thank God for 4 years of democratic rule!
Did you thank God ???? thats anti obama in itself !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.