Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 06:38 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,659,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette-dude View Post
Come up with viable plan to :

Help our homeless of our country, alot being veterans, instead of millions daily to Iraq...

Place the President's plane on E-bay, too flippen big and it costs thousands of tax payers money to operate, wake up America

Obtain a smaller plane, but also with some quality features, does
he really need all the media travelling with him everytime he flys?
I understand the security, but media?

Give all Americans a one time check, then on a yearly basis.....like you receive if you live in Alaska...

Bring our active military home from war....it's overdue by a few years....

Enough for one day,
I second this.........Rid of the plane ( just like they did in Alaska)
The check idea.......( just like they did in Alaska)
Lastly go over the books stop the 2 million dollar toliets like in the DWG State Park. The hundreds for bolts........and all the other wasteful spending. Page by page, step by step........get rid of all of the waste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 06:46 PM

718 posts, read 2,360,692 times
Send the staff home and run around the White House naked...before Air Force One landed after picking up everyone I knew everywhere! He!!, the current and former establishments can't get anything done in a year, might as well have fun instead!

Old 11-08-2008, 06:57 PM

327 posts, read 968,417 times
Convict Bush and Cheney (and their corporate buddies) of war crimes/crimes against humanity. Sentence to life imprisonment without parole. YES!

Old 11-08-2008, 06:59 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,122,048 times
Nuke mexico.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:19 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,288,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Try to meet as many foreign leaders as possible
Me too, One day isn't enough to fufill a political agenda...Being president isn't like being a king...You have to wait for Congress(who often times is dragging their ass) to pass something and One day isn't enough to encourage something or introduce a new idea.
Mostly likely, you would end up sitting there bored out of your skull.
Maybe filling out paperwork.
I guess you could do something radical like wage war on a country, but you would need Congress to declare war...LOL...not going to happen...

Old 11-08-2008, 07:33 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,941,000 times
Pardon about a million non-violent prisoners.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:35 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,941,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAP443 View Post
Don't forget to change the currency. LOL, it will be completely worthless in a couple of years. It's already at an all time low.
No it isn't. It is up about 10-20% against most major currencies in the past month.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:42 AM

1,928 posts, read 5,165,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
STOP taking in Made in China junk! Go back to Made in America! Fire ALL those Lazy Gov employees!
Going along with that, I would revoke all the trade treaties that screw the average American worker and are reducing the standard of living for most in this country and only benefiting a few at the high end of the income scale.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:58 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,295,747 times
I'm assuming that you mean be a President for "just one day" AND have the ability to accomplish something (perhaps the most impossible-to-accomplish task imaginable).

'Can't fix the economy in a day, so I would go along with signing whatever it takes to tighten the borders, make federal penalties for those who assist in bringing in illegals as well as those who hire them, and establish a visa temporary work system similar to the one in Canada. This would be my first step towards controlling population, lighten the load in our jail and prisons, and it would be a MAJOR start in easing our healthcare system.

A lot of bleeding hearts don't like it when I say this, but our healthcare system will NEVER have hope for answers if we don't stop providing it to illegals.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:28 PM

343 posts, read 510,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellykat View Post
Convict Bush and Cheney (and their corporate buddies) of war crimes/crimes against humanity. Sentence to life imprisonment without parole. YES!

I think they already pardoned themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.