Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 06:06 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,223,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
2 reasons: they were both their own countries before, and the people who live there are really self-absorbed. i wouldn't want to live in either one. give me boston, chicago, seattle, philly, atlanta any day...
I'm from CA and live in TX, but I'm not one of the self-absorbed people. I agree there are many as such, but I think you'll find that anywhere. Since we're talking about states and not cities, I guess it's safe to say that MA, IL, WA, PA, and GA are the states (in general) that you'd prefer.

I like GA, but only the northern part. WA is gorgeous and I wouldn't mind living there. I don't know much about the other three states. Actually though, I hear the people in Washington are quite self-absorbed as well. You know how the west coast is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 08:13 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,278,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post
Like there are good cities in other states (NY has NYC, Seattle in Washington, Chicago in Illinois in FL, Atlanta in GA) but no other STATES as a whole are like their own little countries with huge economies and lots of big cities/metros.

Why is this?
Texas and California. Never had much use for them. Texas I just don't care for when I traveled there and the only good thing about CA is the weather. CA has a horrible economy and everything is just too expensive.

There are problems with every state and the ones you mentioned above aren't all that great either.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:34 AM

23,309 posts, read 43,763,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I'm from CA and live in TX, but I'm not one of the self-absorbed people. I agree there are many as such, but I think you'll find that anywhere. Since we're talking about states and not cities, I guess it's safe to say that MA, IL, WA, PA, and GA are the states (in general) that you'd prefer.

I like GA, but only the northern part. WA is gorgeous and I wouldn't mind living there. I don't know much about the other three states. Actually though, I hear the people in Washington are quite self-absorbed as well. You know how the west coast is.
My husband is from Seattle, and a sweeter, more generous and giving individual I have never met.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:20 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,223,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
My husband is from Seattle, and a sweeter, more generous and giving individual I have never met.
I was being facetious when I said that because I read a lot about people thinking the west coast is that way. I didn't mean to offend you. I have great friends in Washington state!!

Old 11-21-2008, 05:37 PM

694 posts, read 2,644,109 times
Quote:
I believe it, I have met some outstanding folk here.
I am a firm believer to have a friend one should be a friend.
What I'm saying is folk that dismiss other folk as cold or self absorbed
may be expecting too much to soon.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:51 AM

23,309 posts, read 43,763,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I was being facetious when I said that because I read a lot about people thinking the west coast is that way. I didn't mean to offend you. I have great friends in Washington state!!
As was I...bad use of icon

Old 11-25-2008, 12:39 AM

378 posts, read 623,301 times
I would say California and Texas are important because they are two of the biggest states by land size, the two most populated states, and they have some of the biggest cities in the country.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:52 PM

6 posts, read 8,256 times
Check out this HILARIOUS California vs. Texas video:

Official California vs. Texas Rap Battle - YouTube

Old 02-18-2012, 07:42 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,855,884 times
Most people in this country never even think about Texas. It's Texans that love to talk about it and themselves. California is a beautiful state, but its economy is crap sans a few areas. Most Californians place lots of significance on Hollywood and its influence on US culture, but really, its only the unwashed who are taken in by that catastrophe.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:02 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,784,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Most people in this country never even think about Texas. It's Texans that love to talk about it and themselves.
The hate is strong in this one...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.