Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: East Coast vs. West Coast
West Coast 71 49.31%
East Coast 73 50.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 09:34 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPolice View Post
I'm sorry but by this post you make it seem like you are saying there is no suburban living on the east coast. Anyway not to cause trouble with you but to those other LA boasters NY first created the SUBURBS and we have suburbs on the outskirts of the cityin short amount of traveling time. Also we can have BBQ in places even if you live in an apartment. You can even get a block closed down for what we know it as a block party. We can use parks or courtyards which are like backyards for apartments. Terraces can also be used.
Well the west coast is as urban as NY, Seattle/San Francisco... so WTF is the difference? You're missing the whole point of the post.

But anyways

How did I go so long without putting you on ignore? Seeing that you are Futcha, or FuturePolice, or whatever the F he is today, or will be tomorrow.

BTW...Love it how you credited NY with "inventing" the suburbs. Keep using that imagination. Just wont have me seeing it since you're nothing but a troll...CityPolice...errr...Futcha....errr...Futur ePolice

What I wonder, is how people can go on and listen to people like FuturePolice/Futcha/CityPolice! THE IGNORE FUNCTION IS A BEAUTIFUL FUNCTION!
Click on:
My Settings
Edit Ignore List (right hand side of list)
-Enter Trolls Name-

Problem Solved! Dont have to look at the trolls garbage anymore! CD Forum is cool again!

Last edited by wesside; 11-16-2008 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 11-16-2008, 09:52 PM

190 posts, read 882,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
Well the west coast is as urban as NY, Seattle/San Francisco... so WTF is the difference? You're missing the whole point of the post.

But anyways

How did I go so long without putting you on ignore? Seeing that you are Futcha, or FuturePolice, or whatever the F he is today, or will be tomorrow.

BTW...Love it how you credited NY with "inventing" the suburbs. Keep using that imagination. Just wont have me seeing it since you're nothing but a troll...CityPolice...errr...Futcha....errr...Futur ePolice

What I wonder, is how people can go on and listen to people like FuturePolice/Futcha/CityPolice! THE IGNORE FUNCTION IS A BEAUTIFUL FUNCTION!
Click on:
My Settings
Edit Ignore List (right hand side of list)
-Enter Trolls Name-

Problem Solved! Dont have to look at the trolls garbage anymore! CD Forum is cool again!
What an ignorant fool i'm not future cop. You A-hole. Have you ever heard of levit town

Old 11-16-2008, 11:53 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
In regards to the original debate, I would like to bring up the fact that Californians never understand sarcasm. I understand that the artist formerly known as FutureCop is proud member of outside NYC, but it just made me think of it. The West Coast, for all it's chillness, takes itself pretty serious and seems immune to self deprecation.
Apparently you don't interact with teenagers and early 20 somethings of West LA, South Bay, and pretty much everywhere in LA that has families with younguns or that has college students.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:51 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,428,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
Citypolice: waaaaay too many pictures. calm down

Futchacop: We know your dad's from Brooklyn and is a tough new yorker who swears and can beat us up, but how does not wearing a shirt at the beach make you a pansy?

everyone wants to go to 'cali' lolololololzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz da east coast is like dirty and ppl are meanies. they wear boring suits and dont know aaaaaaanything bout style and eating hella avocados. oh and also, on the west coast there is an ocean, i bet the east coast doesnt have that u stupid old dull nerrrrds.
There is an ocean on the east coast. It's called the Atlantic. Maybe you would have heard about it if you spent some time at school instead of "chilling" or whatever you dopy west coasters do. It will do wonders for yoru grammar too. Oh, hold on, I forgot - capital letters are for east coast nerds.

By the way, avocados? WTF?

Old 11-17-2008, 02:45 AM

1,020 posts, read 2,754,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
There is an ocean on the east coast. It's called the Atlantic. Maybe you would have heard about it if you spent some time at school instead of "chilling" or whatever you dopy west coasters do. It will do wonders for yoru grammar too. Oh, hold on, I forgot - capital letters are for east coast nerds.

By the way, avocados? WTF?
Hey now, I'm not 'dopey' thank you very much...and I rarely 'chill.' ...and isn't California responsible for a large percentage of U.S. avocado production? We must be up there on consumption...we like our Mexican food.

Anyways...both coasts have there pluses and minuses. I prefer the West Coast for the sheer grandeur of it.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:27 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
I love it all: the East Coast (former home) the West Coast, the intermontaine West, the Great Plains, the South, the Midwest. I am very fortunate to be able to live in such a geographically diverse nation.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:41 AM

2,757 posts, read 5,643,675 times
Folks, don't you know TheWereRabbit was using (obvious) sarcasm in the last sentence? He was mocking West Coasters and besides he's from MA (correct me if I'm wrong) so he knows that the Atlantic is on the Eastern Coast. It was a good West Coast imitation, I didn't know that they even say hella that much but there was another WC guy on here who said that he's 'hella mad' or something like that.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:52 AM

416 posts, read 712,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marielle_love View Post
id much rather drive my own car then have to take a smelly old train everywhere, lol
I just want to highlight this point, because I think it's crazy.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:14 AM

103 posts, read 358,120 times
Broadway > Hollywood
Maine lobster > Pacific Salmon
Killington < Tahoe
Florida Keys > So Cal
Madison Ave > Rodeo Dr
Celtics > Lakers
NY wineries < Napa Valley
MIT > UC Berkeley
Biggie > 2Pac

results:
East Coast > West Coast

Old 11-17-2008, 09:40 AM

217 posts, read 292,334 times
What just beacuase when they show L.A. on tv IT'S fake, but when they show New York, it's not fake it's realistic that's just bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.