Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: East Coast vs. West Coast
West Coast 71 49.31%
East Coast 73 50.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 04:26 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,469,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
biggie was a fat slob lol

east coast is known for slobs like big pun too

dudes brag about having "good pizza and bagels"

gimme a break kid.. all that nasty greasy food u fools eat is sickening

West > East

media here is dominated by California happenings... your average Californian thats actually from here(not those people who have dreams of coming here and finally move here from the smelly east coast) don't consider anywhere outside California remotely important...so NYC and all those other smelly cities you speak of are merely jokes to us lol

get at me futurecrookedcop

ciao
Come up with something new already. California dominates one side of the media, the fake side. New York dominates the real side of the media and go ahead and brag about your media, New York media will rip LA's to shreads.

Look at you dog pizza. I bet you eat pizza every Friday night. bagels? Since when are bagels bad for you? Duhhhh

And you call us fat and yet San Diego and LA have much higher obesity rates than NYC and Boston. San Bernardino is the 4th most obese city in the country!

And let me tell ya something. California media is watched by phonies. New York media is Real World media, international affairs, politics, commerce, etc. LA is simply about Brad Pitt or some garbage like that.

Your hatred of New York is not only ignorant, but funny because you display yourself as someone who really has no clue regarding anything outside MTV... I bet you watch MTV every day. Well pal, that's our station! No worries, you can watch the news to escape our musical television dominance... Oh wait, the new is dominated by New York also! I guess you're SOL.

You guys haven't been **** since Tupac... And he's from New York!
Make way for The Big New NYC...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLWMoNjMO3o

Old 11-18-2008, 04:27 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,825,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Congrats, you can read and interpret a map! Yes many people are leaving CA, that isn't anything new. The point is there are MORE people moving from the Northeast to CA than from CA to the Northeast, at least the smart ones, you can interpret that however you want but it is what it is.
When I was in my twenties there were a fair amount of people who migrated to California from Boston.
They were the conceited jerks.
We humble, average looking people stayed behind.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:30 PM

Why are people bringig up surfing? Is this a ****in joke? What site am I on? I though this was called City-Data.com.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
When I was in my twenties there were a fair amount of people who migrated to California from Boston.
They were the conceited jerks.
We humble, average looking people stayed behind.
We're not average looking, we're tough. We're not little glamour boys like in LA. We just stay true to the Beast Coast because we're tough guys from Beantown to the Big Apple to Philly to DC. We're not sissies. We can handle that winter. Angelenos would go into withdrawl in January in Buffalo.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've spent plenty of time over on both coasts and bar none prefer the west. I'm not a huge fan of living in winter weather, nor am I happy with humid heat that makes your clothes stick to you. I live on the central coast of california which has some of the most beautiful beaches and lovely little shore towns in all of California. Where else can I go to the beach in shorts and flip flops, then go hiking in the mountains, then go snowboarding all in one day? I like to spend my free time outside (I'm chained to a computer at work) all year round and wouldn't be too happy to be snowed in or have to be a slave to an air conditioner.
You're a perfect example of a Californian that I've tried to portray since I've been here. Every Californian thinks they're so tough, so ****in hard. Move to Buffalo, New York, Rochester, Boston, or Philly where you actually have to live in harsh conditions and then tell me how tough you are. Angelenos are so arrogant when it comes to strength. Fact is, they brag about strength and how tough they are and yet they panic when temps drop below 50.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:58 PM

304 posts, read 901,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post
You're a perfect example of a Californian that I've tried to portray since I've been here. Every Californian thinks they're so tough, so ****in hard. Move to Buffalo, New York, Rochester, Boston, or Philly where you actually have to live in harsh conditions and then tell me how tough you are. Angelenos are so arrogant when it comes to strength. Fact is, they brag about strength and how tough they are and yet they panic when temps drop below 50.
L.A is harder than all of your boring coast.

Theres even a buncha rappers in NYC whining about how NYC dudes are claiming blood this, crip that...go listen to Tru Life

I was dying when I saw some clowns from NYC on youtube talking about a "blood and crip truce" in NYC..lmaooo that would never fly in the Southland...Gangs arent a joke here like in NYC

All new yorkers do is talk , Californians handle business

ciao

"Gangbanging thats L.A shi...T " -The Game

Old 11-18-2008, 05:16 PM

8,521 posts, read 10,036,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post
Come up with something new already. California dominates one side of the media, the fake side. New York dominates the real side of the media and go ahead and brag about your media, New York media will rip LA's to shreads.

Look at you dog pizza. I bet you eat pizza every Friday night. bagels? Since when are bagels bad for you? Duhhhh

And you call us fat and yet San Diego and LA have much higher obesity rates than NYC and Boston. San Bernardino is the 4th most obese city in the country!

And let me tell ya something. California media is watched by phonies. New York media is Real World media, international affairs, politics, commerce, etc. LA is simply about Brad Pitt or some garbage like that.

Your hatred of New York is not only ignorant, but funny because you display yourself as someone who really has no clue regarding anything outside MTV... I bet you watch MTV every day. Well pal, that's our station! No worries, you can watch the news to escape our musical television dominance... Oh wait, the new is dominated by New York also! I guess you're SOL.

You guys haven't been **** since Tupac... And he's from New York!
Make way for The Big New NYC...

YouTube - Hell Rell - Get Ready
You're not much better...

Old 11-18-2008, 05:25 PM

784 posts, read 2,257,805 times
You're not much better...

Aha, but you admit we're better. Its out in the open now folks, he finally admitted it. We won.............By the way I am just kidding..just having some fun..

Old 11-18-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
L.A is harder than all of your boring coast.

Theres even a buncha rappers in NYC whining about how NYC dudes are claiming blood this, crip that...go listen to Tru Life

I was dying when I saw some clowns from NYC on youtube talking about a "blood and crip truce" in NYC..lmaooo that would never fly in the Southland...Gangs arent a joke here like in NYC

All new yorkers do is talk , Californians handle business

ciao

"Gangbanging thats L.A shi...T " -The Game
The Game's a wannabe. Even jerkoffs in his own neighborhood said that.

LA's got a lower crime rate than every large East Coast city other than NYC. Besides, NYC's crime rate is rising and LA's is decreasing so don't talk like a bad*** like you keep it "real" oput there because in reality 99% of that is bull**** talk. How is the West Coast handling "business" when it's 10x safer than the East Coast? You're so ridiculous.

List of East Coast cities more dangerous than LA...
Boston, Philly, Buffalo, Rochester, Newburgh, Hartford, Bridgeport, Newark, Camden, Pittsburgh, Niagara Falls, Mount Vernon, DC, Baltimore, Atlanta, Alexandria, Miami, Jacksonville, Columbia (SC).

Wow, you guys are reaallll hard. I guess those Irish Bostonians are harder than Compton's wannabe thugs these days.

I'd be more afraid of an Irish guy from the East Coast than those LA "thugs." For one, LA thugs don't have stret smarts. I'm not Irish, but the Irish have more street smarts than any other ancestry in America today. The Irish people are the realest people in the country these days. Secondly, Irish people aren't ****in morons. Third, Irish gangs these days especially in South Boston are known for forcing you to wrap your teeth around the corner of a sidewalk so they can stomp it in. Fourth, Irish people have FLAMING tempers. They make Italians look like whimps when it comes to grit and anger.

One thing that Irish people have is respect. They respect their women, they treat them like a Queen. Irish people have strong family values and will **** you up if you dare to disrespect that.

And what are you talking about gangs are an LA thing? Gangs were in New York long before any gang was in LA. Drive-by shootings began in New York also. The Mob did drive-bys before the Crips and Bloods were even a thought. Plus, yuo sit here and talk about the Crips and Bloods being wannabes in New York? The most dangerous Bloods gang in the country today is said to be in the "Wild 100s" in East Harlem. The FBI wants to bust them big time. They started a huge brawl at a Dipset concert as yu can see here... Wait until 1:45 when the brawl really starts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Muu2Tabm0
They even have rappers representing them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VbAK...eature=related

Last edited by Futcha; 11-18-2008 at 05:50 PM..

Old 11-18-2008, 05:53 PM

You never hear anything on the news about LA being "hard." I'm not going to go any further with crime. LA and NY are both safe cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.