Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: East Coast vs. West Coast
West Coast 71 49.31%
East Coast 73 50.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 05:04 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,597,132 times

Advertisements

LOL all this talk about who is the hardest, who is the toughest.... it's nothing more than a fabrication of the record execs to bilk the affluent kids in the suburbs of their not-so-hard earned cash. And you, my friend, have bought in earnestly. You've been gaffled son!

Old 11-18-2008, 05:10 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
LOL all this talk about who is the hardest, who is the toughest.... it's nothing more than a fabrication of the record execs to bilk the affluent kids in the suburbs of their not-so-hard earned cash. And you, my friend, have bought into earnestly. You've been gaffled son!

haha, so true! This is coming from a real "toughguy" too, literally, so listen up kids.....

seriously though, this BS about raps stars, crime rates, and attitudes is so ridiculous. No one looks at that crap as some badge of honor and it doesn't make a region a better place to live at all.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:11 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times
Oh darn...the west coast is safer. I guess that makes the east coast better.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:43 PM

784 posts, read 2,265,138 times
They make Italians look like whimps when it comes to grit and anger.

I dont usually get into this crap especially since I am from the east coast and love NY. But that statement right there is rediculous. I take serious offense with that. It takes alot to get me going, but I'd like you to say that to me or any of my boys. We'd beat you like a red headed stepchild. thats all im gonna say about that, but you should show respect for what you know nothing about. Ending this argument, If you seriously want to find out, we can do that, otherwise I'll leave it at that. You make it hard for someone from your same coast to side with you with that crap spewing from your mouth.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:06 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Definitely West Coast here------------if I had to choose between it or the I-95 corridor from ca. the Richmond, Va. area through Boston.

That stated: if I had to live on the East Coast-----------it would probably be North Carolina.

I am a Wash DC native who left there 30 years ago...........never to return.

In defense of NYC: many people have mentioned that it has improved dramatically since its nadir ca. 1980.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:13 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,498,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
LOL all this talk about who is the hardest, who is the toughest.... it's nothing more than a fabrication of the record execs to bilk the affluent kids in the suburbs of their not-so-hard earned cash. And you, my friend, have bought in earnestly. You've been gaffled son!
No I haven't. By no means am I a criminal. I like hip hop, but I don't committ crimes. I don't even have a traffic ticket or even a warning. My record is sparkling clean. But it annoys me when people come in and try to act like New York is soft. Every so-called gangbanger in the country would **** their pants if they got on the bad side of the Russian Mob, Italian Mob, Irish gangs, or terrorist organizations that are settled here in New York. THe crime may be lower, but by no means is New York soft. The FBI hasn't caught 'em all. I have a New York Trivia book and it said in the book that an estimated 57 Russian smuggled boxes into NYC out of 63 contain grenades.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:20 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,498,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
They make Italians look like whimps when it comes to grit and anger.

I dont usually get into this crap especially since I am from the east coast and love NY. But that statement right there is rediculous. I take serious offense with that. It takes alot to get me going, but I'd like you to say that to me or any of my boys. We'd beat you like a red headed stepchild. thats all im gonna say about that, but you should show respect for what you know nothing about. Ending this argument, If you seriously want to find out, we can do that, otherwise I'll leave it at that. You make it hard for someone from your same coast to side with you with that crap spewing from your mouth.
Obviously you haven't been here long enough but as I've stated before, I'm Sicilian. The 20th Century Glory Days for Italians are over. The Irish are much more into it comes to gangs these days. There's been stuff on the news about an Irish WOMEN gang beating the crap out of grown men in the city. But despite this fact, the Russians are the most brutal today.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:45 PM

1,197 posts, read 4,782,438 times
Are people seriously saying that their coast is better because it has a higher crime rate?

Old 11-18-2008, 07:13 PM

784 posts, read 2,265,138 times
But as far as your original post stating how the irish have tempers. Well you should know then that Italians do to, however, tempers doesn't equal tough. I've known a lot of guys in this life who have tempers and their real tough to their girlfriends however they wouldn't dare get out of line with someone who might actually smack the dumb out of them. uncontrollable tempers does not equate to tough, it equates to ignorance and lack of control. I appreciate the explanation however, I dont like to have beefs with people on here anyway. Plus we both love the same city and the same team...Go Giants..............

Old 11-18-2008, 08:25 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave01 View Post
Are people seriously saying that their coast is better because it has a higher crime rate?
Haha...seriously. Futcha (FutureCop) loves to play that card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.