Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where Should I move?
Los Angeles 23 54.76%
San Diego 19 45.24%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 06:34 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,429,365 times

Advertisements

Los Angeles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 06:50 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem3456 View Post
I don't need you to tell me that. Its obviously not about Manhattan.

But its not about Los Angeles that people say "If you make it here, you can make it anywhere," now is it?
Hey, why dont you take a hike you troll.
Just cuz Frank Sinatra proclaimed NY as "if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere" does not mean that it applies strictly to NY. That phrase is equally applicable to LA. A city that is known for chewing up and spitting people out who had dreams of making it big time.
So go preach your **** somewhere else.

OP - Depends on what you want. SD has a more laid back lifestyle and is alot of fun. LA has more opportunity and yet, still alot of fun. Id suggest you visit both. LA is not for everyone.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:00 PM

505 posts, read 1,386,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
Hey, why dont you take a hike you troll.
Just cuz Frank Sinatra proclaimed NY as "if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere" does not mean that it applies strictly to NY. That phrase is equally applicable to LA. A city that is known for chewing up and spitting people out who had dreams of making it big time.
So go preach your **** somewhere else.
I don't understand the need to swear on an internet forum to get a point across. And I guess you're right, the phrase does apply to L.A., but I was just saying its more known for its association with New York.

Anyway, I think the OP should move to L.A.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:20 PM

705 posts, read 3,298,304 times
L.A. is one hiuge metropolis while S.D. is a small but yet large beach city. Your opening post does not give us much detail about what you are looking for so all these responses are pretty biased. Like most have before mentioned, you need to come visit both for a few days. I suggest staying somewhere in/near downtown S.D. since that's where most of the excitement in S.D. is present but in L.A. I would recommend Century City or Mid City for your stay because L.A. is just far too large and has tons of exciting places. Each with different vibes and there you would be, in a way, centrally located.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:33 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,599 times
Quote:
I don't understand the need to swear on an internet forum to get a point across. And I guess you're right, the phrase does apply to L.A., but I was just saying its more known for its association with New York.

Anyway, I think the OP should move to L.A.
While you are right, my post was basically reactionary to what I perceived to be a snappy comment by you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
thread has nothing to do with Manhattan bro...
Quote:
I don't need you to tell me that. Its obviously not about Manhattan.

But its not about Los Angeles that people say "If you make it here, you can make it anywhere," now is it?
Took you three posts to finally get on topic - SD v. LA. This was never about NY and I dont think someone's comment about - if you can make it here...- deserved some kind of comment that the phrase only counts for NY.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:55 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,094 times
LA sucks, SD is nice, go with SD

Old 11-19-2008, 10:07 AM

217 posts, read 292,461 times
San Diego sucks balls, go to L.A. it's much fun, it's better too,
San Diego is lame, stupid, and boring!

Old 11-19-2008, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,447 times
San Diego is dumb and overrated.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:31 AM
dwk

18 posts, read 37,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
L.A , kid...if you can make it here you can make it anywhere
The only two things from LA are steers and *****s.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:10 PM

217 posts, read 292,461 times
seriously "Los Angeles!!!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.