U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-27-2008, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Irvine,Oc,Ca
1,423 posts, read 4,461,989 times
Reputation: 682

Advertisements

Which city Skyline is better La's or Houston's. They both have about 3 different Skylines. But there both very underrated.Both are Sprawl.

Last edited by californialove24; 11-27-2008 at 05:44 PM..
Rate this post positively

 
Old 11-27-2008, 05:29 PM
 
196 posts, read 598,371 times
Reputation: 106
Good idea by asking to judge all skylines. L.A. has more than 3 "skylines", but I get the idea.

I'll take Downtown Los Angeles, over Downtown Houston, but I'll take Uptown Houston over Century City anyday. When comparing Houston Medical Center to Wilshire Center, I can't decide, I'll just call it a draw.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-27-2008, 05:39 PM
 
Location: Irvine,Oc,Ca
1,423 posts, read 4,461,989 times
Reputation: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInExiles View Post
Good idea by asking to judge all skylines. L.A. has more than 3 "skylines", but I get the idea.

I'll take Downtown Los Angeles, over Downtown Houston, but I'll take Uptown Houston over Century City anyday. When comparing Houston Medical Center to Wilshire Center, I can't decide, I'll just call it a draw.
Yeah but thats what both cities have in common there sprwaled and have 3 or more skylines.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-27-2008, 05:41 PM
 
303 posts, read 804,123 times
Reputation: 119
From what I've seen of both downtowns, and I've been to both, I will also take downtown L.A. over downtown Houston. I don't know enough about the other skylines to make a comparison.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-27-2008, 05:42 PM
 
Location: Houston Texas
2,899 posts, read 3,195,514 times
Reputation: 877
I think that both have three really nice skylines, but I always kind of wished that Houston and LA had all their skylines combined more instead of seperate
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-27-2008, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Irvine,Oc,Ca
1,423 posts, read 4,461,989 times
Reputation: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
I think that both have three really nice skylines, but I always kind of wished that Houston and LA had all their skylines combined more instead of seperate
yea but both Skylines need to get bigger more massive and denser and campact in one area instead of 3 different areas.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-27-2008, 05:59 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles-213.323.310.818/San Diego-619.858.760
705 posts, read 3,171,054 times
Reputation: 444
L.A. doesnt have 3 skylines but it has multiple ones! Downtown, Westchester, Woodland Hills, Sherman Oaks, Century City, Korea town, Encino and a few others make up the metropolis of Los Angeles. Anyways, do we really have to compare??
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-27-2008, 06:06 PM
 
Location: Irvine,Oc,Ca
1,423 posts, read 4,461,989 times
Reputation: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
L.A. doesnt have 3 skylines but it has multiple ones! Downtown, Westchester, Woodland Hills, Sherman Oaks, Century City, Korea town, Encino and a few others make up the metropolis of Los Angeles. Anyways, do we really have to compare??
i guess
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-27-2008, 06:15 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
19,894 posts, read 30,358,078 times
Reputation: 11202
Both downtown LA and downtown Houston look the same. I like Downtown LA's slightly better because of the setting.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-28-2008, 02:50 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,988 posts, read 33,031,989 times
Reputation: 7357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Both downtown LA and downtown Houston look the same. I like Downtown LA's slightly better because of the setting.
They look the same????? Your blind
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top