Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the most beautiful and breathtaking skyline?
Baltimore 3 0.70%
Los Angeles 7 1.63%
Seattle 37 8.62%
Denver 9 2.10%
San Diego 7 1.63%
Phoenix 2 0.47%
Chicago 57 13.29%
San Francisco 32 7.46%
Houston 17 3.96%
New York City 92 21.45%
Boston 8 1.86%
Philadelphia 7 1.63%
Pittsburgh 23 5.36%
Dallas 13 3.03%
Detroit 5 1.17%
Atlanta 84 19.58%
St. Louis 4 0.93%
Minneapolis 15 3.50%
Kansas City 1 0.23%
New Orleans 6 1.40%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 01:31 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,787,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
The space needle or the skyline? The space needle is hideous IMO.
Weird - to me it's the opposite! Well, I don't think Seattle's skyline is hideous, just doesn't stand out... But the Space Needle does! It's neat!

And by the way, to the poster who created this poll - WHY was Miami not included in this???!!!
No matter WHAT you think of Miami, it IS a MAJOR city & has a BEEAUUTIFUL skyline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2007, 09:14 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,332,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
The space needle or the skyline? The space needle is hideous IMO.
I was talking about the Space Needle. And I'd like to echo elfyum's sentiment.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:21 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,075,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston100 View Post
Yeah, and the ONLY nice thing about Chicago is the skyline!! After that, all the other so called "attratctions" that are stated on the Chicago forum, are nothing more than a train wreck. Out of the big 20 cities, Chicago is by far, outside of Milwaukee and Detriot, the trashiest, most uneducated, overated, impoverished, old, horrific crime levels, and overall terrible city. I have never met anyone that has ever had to have anthing good to say about Chicago. Why would they?! It is like that city is trying to live up to the New York standard, but us far from, and will never be more than a city built on the meat packaging industry and crime. I could never go to anything cultural or artisitc in a city, that was built, and literally stands for everything against what our culture should be striving for. If anyone lives in Chicago, they have no room to talk down about anything in any other city. Move to actually pleasent cities that have some class, and then you can complain. But untill then, don't make yourself should foolish.

About Seatlle. You have a beautiful city, and trolls that live in less than ideal cities should keep their comments to themselves.
One time in passing conversation with a stranger at a diner in Chicago, I happened to remark about the nasty traffic on the Chicagoland expressways. I'm not sure what I said that lit this guy's fuse, but a sharp response that, "if you don't like Chicago, don't come here!" caught me completely off guard. HUH!? Must say, though, that the Hancock building, Sears Towers and the Planetarium (is that what it's called?) out on the waterfront were fun to visit.

Seattle is awesome. I'd just hate to be there when that once-every-300-years, mega-9.2 earthquake hits. It's overdue, they claim.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:27 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,479,293 times
I've always been intrigued by the Chrysler Building in the N.Y.C. skyline.

As it happens, there was a special about the Chrysler Building last night. It seems to be restored close to its original glory.

Are there any people on these forums that ever had the chance to explore the building? If so, is it worth the visit to N.Y.C alone?

Old 03-10-2007, 11:35 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
I've always been intrigued by the Chrysler Building in the N.Y.C. skyline.

As it happens, there was a special about the Chrysler Building last night. It seems to be restored close to its original glory.

Are there any people on these forums that ever had the chance to explore the building? If so, is it worth the visit to N.Y.C alone?
Very difficult to say what's 'worth it' to someone else. I haven't had the opportunity to explore the Chrysler building other than always enjoying seeing it.

I'm a bit spoiled as I can walk to a train station and be in Manhattan in 30-40 minutes for $1.50.

I will say that if you like museums, cuisine from probably every country in the world, live music venues, and just a great place to walk around new York is absolutely 'worth it'!

Old 03-10-2007, 11:59 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Yeah, and the ONLY nice thing about Chicago is the skyline!! After that, all the other so called "attratctions" that are stated on the Chicago forum, are nothing more than a train wreck. Out of the big 20 cities, Chicago is by far, outside of Milwaukee and Detriot, the trashiest, most uneducated, overated, impoverished, old, horrific crime levels, and overall terrible city. I have never met anyone that has ever had to have anthing good to say about Chicago. Why would they?! It is like that city is trying to live up to the New York standard, but us far from, and will never be more than a city built on the meat packaging industry and crime. I could never go to anything cultural or artisitc in a city, that was built, and literally stands for everything against what our culture should be striving for. If anyone lives in Chicago, they have no room to talk down about anything in any other city. Move to actually pleasent cities that have some class, and then you can complain. But untill then, don't make yourself should foolish.

About Seatlle. You have a beautiful city, and trolls that live in less than ideal cities should keep their comments to themselves.

Its readily apparent youve never been here, as your foolish comments show. Really, that is the dumbest thing Ive ever read on this site yet, be proud of that fact!!!!! You hold the claim to the lamest, most idiotic response Ive yet read. LOLOLOL Wow, some people are just clueless. Ive yet to meet someone who came here and DIDNT like it. Face it bucko, there are 2 million MORE people in Chicagoland alone than all of Washington (and almost Oregon combined). Dont give me this crap that noone wants to live here. Really, really, really dumb statement. Perhaps all those rain clouds make you depressed?

Get a clue and know your cities before you post something that rediculously stupid. But hey, thanks for the good chuckle! Wow.

Sorry Seattle folks, I loved visiting Seattle and found it to be a unique city, but I just disliked the Space Needles' design, just an opinion. Apparently Mr. Houston is clueless and wants nothing more than to start crap.

Trust me, there are a few buildings in Chicago that I dislike as well, every city has em! Be proud that your skyline looks nice! In fact, had I not voted for Chicago, Seattle or NYC would have been my first choice, then Pittsburgh.

Last edited by Steve-o; 03-10-2007 at 12:11 PM..

Old 03-10-2007, 12:19 PM

620 posts, read 1,746,146 times
Quote:

My wife is from Chicago. I have brought many friends from all over the U.S. to Chicago and all have been amazed by the beauty, architecture, arts, restaurants, etc. It is such an idiotic statement to say Chicago is uneducated and overrated. Houston 100, the moderators should block your moronic statements. It is quite obvious you are either a 10 year old, jealous or both. Im sure there are people who don't like Chicago, but your post shows just how clueless you are.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:04 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Now let's not turn this into city vs. city war. If your from Chicago, you know people are going to talk down your city. The same with Seattle, or any city. Remember, this post is about skylines, not which city is bad and which is good. Chicago and Seattle have two of the best skylines in the country, size and architecture wise. Let's leave it at that, ok.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:06 PM

620 posts, read 1,746,146 times
I have no problems with Seattle or any other city (except Phoenix) and I am not from Chicago. I was just stating how ignorant Houston100s statements were.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:22 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbear182 View Post
I have no problems with Seattle or any other city (except Phoenix) and I am not from Chicago. I was just stating how ignorant Houston100s statements were.
Yeah, trust me, I come from the South, I know what ignorance is. There are some ignorant fools out there that talk about Fort Worth like it's a joke, but I just ignore it. That's really all I'm asking from anyone on this post. Just talk about the skylines.

This goes to those who want to "bad-***" a city on this post: If you want to talk about how bad a city is, go start a thread on the cities you hate and get beat up there. It's all about skylines here, folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.