Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the most beautiful and breathtaking skyline?
Baltimore 3 0.70%
Los Angeles 7 1.63%
Seattle 37 8.62%
Denver 9 2.10%
San Diego 7 1.63%
Phoenix 2 0.47%
Chicago 57 13.29%
San Francisco 32 7.46%
Houston 17 3.96%
New York City 92 21.45%
Boston 8 1.86%
Philadelphia 7 1.63%
Pittsburgh 23 5.36%
Dallas 13 3.03%
Detroit 5 1.17%
Atlanta 84 19.58%
St. Louis 4 0.93%
Minneapolis 15 3.50%
Kansas City 1 0.23%
New Orleans 6 1.40%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 10:18 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,383,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monumental1 View Post
My point exactly, and it Shows!
Well, a lot of people like a little history with their town.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:20 AM

288 posts, read 1,328,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Well, a lot of people like a little history with their town.
Every town has history, some with longer ones, but that's it.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:24 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,383,089 times
Quote:
Every town has history, some with longer ones, but that's it.
.... um. Right. By definition, the sandwich I just ate for lunch has a history. A short one. I clearly mean that some prefer towns with longer histories. My grandmother's house (no exaggeration) is older than the city of Seattle. Its in great repair and has a lot of character and has been in my family for ages. I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:29 AM

4,383 posts, read 16,762,031 times
Quote:
If I call out haters, and those with skyline challenged cities, and you respond, then you are the haters I'm talking about. How's that tiny skyline in MD doing for you...lol. You cats in ugly cities crack me up, you are the only ones hating.
EXCUSE ME???????????????
You should be banned my (not) friend
how am I the Hater? You are the one bashing Philly, I didn't say ONE WORD bad about Seattle. "you cats in ugly cities crack me up, you are the only ones hating" how ironic, you say we live in ugly cities as if THAT isn't hating and than you say we are the only ones hating. WOW. I love Baltimore if thats what you mean by tiny skyline. Baltimore is more beatiful than seattle by my experience and that is just your opinion about our 'ugly cities'. I moved to my city for a reason and i could have chosen seattle! But didn't, and instead chose a more beatiful city. Not that seattle isn't beatiful though, i like seattle, but it isn't the greatest city on earth like you make if out to be
My city in Maryland is Beautiful, much more than Seattle in fact, Ive been to both btw and I even like Baltimore better than seattle, but that isn't even the city I am talking about. My city has charm and character, which when I went to seattle, did not see. My city is beatiful and has so much potential and you don't even know what city I live in. and if you've talking about Baltimore for tiny skyline, It isn't that small

http://http://farm1.static.flickr.com/202/492922304_e72a924783_b.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-28-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
.... um. Right. By definition, the sandwich I just ate for lunch has a history. A short one. I clearly mean that some prefer towns with longer histories. My grandmother's house (no exaggeration) is older than the city of Seattle. Its in great repair and has a lot of character and has been in my family for ages. I wouldn't trade that for anything.
wow now that's impressive so your mothers house was built before 1869?

Old 10-28-2007, 10:32 AM

4,383 posts, read 16,762,031 times
Quote:

Philly is more Vibrant than Seattle, and has more going on........?
Where do you come up with this?

You do realize Philly is the 7th poorest, slum infested city in the entire us right. I'm sure you live in one of the many in the city..............Oh I forgot, since the rundown nineteenth century homes are old they are classic architecture right? Even if they look like hiroshima happened to them.

GO PHILLY

Don't hate me because your city looks like crap! .........any body wanna live in here in Philly?

Philly third biggest downtown next to NY and Chicago.........LOL, you are too funny. I do admire your courage, for trying to convince yourself the impossible might happen when you are actually awake. Maybe if you say it for a long time every day for like 3 more millenniums it might come true.

Sorry to break the news to you. But it is a HELL TO THE NAH. Philly doesn't have the 4th, 5th, .......your not even in the top ten, (nor does anyone care about Phillys sub par skyline) and to make matters worse, Seattle's is bigger than yours, with half your population.

In number of buildings, In number of highrises, you name it. (in north america)

Check it
North America - SkyscraperPage.com

Seattle VS Philly economically is not something you want to even think about talking about.

Seattle is one of the richest cities in the US. THE CITY not the burbs the actual city. (even though our burbs are rich also) The richest man on Planet earth is from Seattle.......some guy name Bill Gates, and a couple other Billionaires. The worst possible area in Seattle, would be heaven for you coming from the slums of Philly

This is low income housing in Seattle's Rainier Valley area, considered the worst in Seattle

Check it

Richest Cities In The U.S. - Forbes.com (http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/2005/10/27/richest-cities-US-cx_sc_1028home_ls.html - broken link)

The west coast is so filthy rich, you can never in your life talk money, coming from Philly, are kidding me.

California alone, would be an economy all to itself, and the 5th largest in the world.

You're starting to sound like your feelings are hurt. Are you stuck in Philly.
Just keep making up things in your head, like you been doing to boost Philly, and maybe the days and nights won't hurt so much for you in your rust belt wasteland...lol
as if Seattle is perfect? I searched in flickr and found this for one example

and just so you know, There is a difference between low income and abanndoned! I just showed a picture of abanndoned, not low income

Old 10-28-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
EXCUSE ME???????????????
You should be banned my (not) friend
how am I the Hater? You are the one bashing Philly, I didn't say ONE WORD bad about Seattle. "you cats in ugly cities crack me up, you are the only ones hating" how ironic, you say we live in ugly cities as if THAT isn't hating and than you say we are the only ones hating. WOW. I love Baltimore if thats what you mean by tiny skyline. Baltimore is more beatiful than seattle by my experience and that is just your opinion about our 'ugly cities'. I moved to my city for a reason and i could have chosen seattle! But didn't, and instead chose a more beatiful city. Not that seattle isn't beatiful though, i like seattle, but it isn't the greatest city on earth like you make if out to be
My city in Maryland is Beautiful, much more than Seattle in fact, Ive been to both btw and I even like Baltimore better than seattle, but that isn't even the city I am talking about. My city has charm and character, which when I went to seattle, did not see. My city is beatiful and has so much potential and you don't even know what city I live in. and if you've talking about Baltimore for tiny skyline, It isn't that small

http://http://farm1.static.flickr.com/202/492922304_e72a924783_b.jpg (broken link)

All you get is...........LOL. MD looking real top notch there!

Old 10-28-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
as if Seattle is perfect? I searched in flickr and found this for one example

and just so you know, There is a difference between low income and abanndoned! I just showed a picture of abanndoned, not low income
I can tell you right now, in all my days in Seattle, I've only ever seen three abandoned houses, back somewhere in the early 90's that now go for 1 million each.

Seattle has 0 slums trust me. Most of the projects have all been torn down and turned into new development. At best, Seattle has some poors neighborhoods, that make Philly, and MD slums look like Beverly Hills.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:48 AM

[quote=Monumental1;1851196]I can tell you right now, in all my days in Seattle, I've only ever seen three abandoned houses, back somewhere in the early 90's that now go for 1 million each.

Seattle has 0 slums trust me. Most of the projects have all been torn down and turned into new development. At best, Seattle has some poors neighborhoods, that look like Beverly Hills compared to Philly and others.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:53 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,741,926 times
I love the Seattle skyline...beautiful backdrop I must say. Philly skyline is different but it's also very impressive for the city of that size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.