Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 12:42 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,220,591 times

Advertisements

I live in El Paso, right next to the most violent city in the WORLD right now, Juarez, Mexico,]Global News Journal » Blog Archive » Mexico’s Ciudad Juarez, the world’s most violent city? | Blogs | last year alone they killed almost 2000 people. Daily, nightly they kill 12 to 13 people, like nothing!!!! Its as close to a modern anarchy over there, its scary!! They have killed people in the daytime, in schools, shopping centers, in the middle of traffic, at drug rehab centers, its like theyre playing a live video game, their doesnt seem to be an end to this violence anytime soon. Everybody is scared to over there, because either you or the next day youll be found beheaded in the middle of the street, along with your wife, your kids, and all your friends! I know alot of people dont care, because ofcourse its just MEXICANS killing themselves afterall, but innocent children have also lost their lives~ I think it kind of shows the us, double standard when it comes to mexico, if this was happening in another part of the world, the us would have already intervined, kinda sad is you ask me

http://www.inaltreparole.net/en/worl...rez290809.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 01:20 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,464,810 times
Awesome! You sound really excited about this! Grand Theft Auto: Juarez!!

Anyway, it's sad to see this. It's ridiculous that the Latin culture is so religious, yet they seem to have no value for life. Look at what happened to Miami in the 80s.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:25 PM

6,344 posts, read 11,094,986 times
Precisely why we don't need to disarm this country. Take away guns from the citizens of the USA and you'll see the violence grow even worse than its present state.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:29 PM

Old 11-24-2009, 01:38 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,189,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Precisely why we don't need to disarm this country. Take away guns from the citizens of the USA and you'll see the violence grow even worse than its present state.
First of all, calm down sparky. No one is threatening to take away our guns.

Second where do you think these drug cartels are getting their military grade weapons? The United States! There's so much talk about the drugs being smuggled over the boarder to the US yet NO ONE seems to want to address the issue of the massive amounts artillery being smuggled over the border to supply the Mexican cartels. I'm not saying we should get rid of guns. I'm perfectly fine with people who obtain fire arms through LEGAL means, but American artillery being smuggled over the border to supply arguably the most ruthless and violent criminal organizations on the planet is unacceptable.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:44 PM

6,344 posts, read 11,094,986 times
Where in my post did I even hint that the OP was suggesting that he wanted to take guns out of the hands of law abiding Americans? I simply made a point that that this kind of scenario would be less likely to occur in a place where people are armed and can fight back. You're putting words in my keyboard. :-)

Old 11-24-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Where in my post did I even hint that the OP was suggesting that he wanted to take guns out of the hands of law abiding Americans? I simply made a point that that this kind of scenario would be less likely to occur in a place where people are armed and can fight back. You're putting words in my keyboard. :-)
Yea, prohibitive gun laws certainly didn't work in the UK...

The theory that "more guns means everyone's safe" is just beyond ridiculous.

Last edited by tmac9wr; 11-24-2009 at 02:44 PM..

Old 11-24-2009, 03:46 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,529,744 times
Quote:
Most of the murders in Mexico are drug cartels killing other drug dealers or even police. The victims in most cases are probably armed themselves.

Not saying that Americans shouldn't be able to have guns for self-defense, but that's kind of another issue.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:54 PM

2,726 posts, read 6,116,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Yea, prohibitive gun laws certainly didn't work in the UK...

The theory that "more guns means everyone's safe" is just beyond ridiculous.
+1

More guns = more gun violence.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:53 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,639,313 times
Quote:
The victims in most cases are probably armed themselves.
Heavily. That's why Mexican cartels tend to hit with such enormous shows of force (armored SUVs, grenades, sharpshooters, fully-automatic rifles, and sometimes even rocket launchers).

If you tried to intervene in that sort of situation with your CCW sidearm, you would be cut to shreds within seconds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.