Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 08:34 AM

6 posts, read 16,634 times

Advertisements

I was born and raised if the DFW, TX area, and I am interested in trying something new. I want to leave Texas so please no suggestions about other areas in the state. Here's what I'm looking for. I prefer warm weather, but I don't mind rain. Somewhere more sunny than not would be best. I'm a democrat in a bright red state so something more progressive would appeal very much. My net income is around 21000/yr so that's a big factor. I love the desert and appreciate a culture that hasn't been completely railroaded by Walmart, and Malls. I'm spiritual, and interested in alternatives to traditional religion ei(fundamental, evangelical etc) I wouldn't rule out a cold weather place, I just really need the sun shine. So Seattle is probably out. Smaller town, or city doesn't matter except for in matters of finding employment opportunities. If this isn't specific enough please let me know I'm sure I can elaborate more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 09:11 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,660,588 times
When you leave Texas, anywhere you go is a move up

Old 12-10-2008, 09:30 AM

612 posts, read 1,843,357 times
Try this website:

www. find your spot . com

(Sorry for the spaces, it censors it if I put it together).

Take a lot at this website and it will give you 20? of the top places you would probably benefit moving into. Yes it does have questions about politics and could help you find the right location. So check into it and let us know if you need any info about one of the cities that came up.

Good luck : ).

Old 12-10-2008, 10:13 AM

Thanks so much I will check that out. :-)

Old 12-10-2008, 11:10 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,933,235 times
You really narrowed it down that to the south west only. So pick a place in Nevada, New Mexico, or souther California I guess.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:37 PM

2 posts, read 3,443 times
Los Angeles or San Diego

Old 12-10-2008, 12:38 PM

501 posts, read 1,429,544 times
Either Southern California (which still gets "cold" weather depending on how you look at it).

Or...Arizona.

The state is like a mix of desert, barren land, and rocky landscapes. Also, it has patches of downtowns that are nice looking because they put up lights. Keep in mind though, the taxi driver told me that the state has the highest concentration of KKK members. Don't know how true that is but that's what he told me. >_> *shrugs*

Old 12-10-2008, 12:44 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post
Try this website:

www. find your spot . com

(Sorry for the spaces, it censors it if I put it together).

Take a lot at this website and it will give you 20? of the top places you would probably benefit moving into. Yes it does have questions about politics and could help you find the right location. So check into it and let us know if you need any info about one of the cities that came up.

Good luck : ).
That site is amazing!!!!!!!!!

My first 5 results:

Louisville (trying moving to this city)
Rocky Mount, NC (i like North Carolina)
salisbury, NC (ditto)
Nashville (i love this city)
Hampton, VA (my hometown)

Old 12-10-2008, 12:56 PM

Default so true

that website is amazing. I was leaning towards New Mexico, and the majority of my results were for that state. Now I'm really interested in Albuquerque or Silver City.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:58 PM

Yeah I was originally thinking Arizona, and when I started looking into it there seemed to me much more negative comments than positive about it. I could be totally wrong, that's just the feel I got.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.