Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 03:18 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,865,500 times

Advertisements

Is there a particular city that you love and hate at the same time? A city that has things about it that intrigue you, that you love and are drawn to, but possesses qualities that you despise at the same time? A city that you aspire to perhaps to relocate to for the things that you love, but the aspects about the place make you question your motives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2007, 04:04 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,207,145 times
You don't have to, obviously, but it would be nice if everyone listed their location. Or, at least their hometown. It makes the hating so much easier. God bles you, lisa!

Old 09-01-2007, 04:05 AM

By the way, we'll start with you Lisak64. Where is your locale? You're up later than the average teenager.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:55 AM

Gotcha! You're in Chicago.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:15 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,040,501 times
I have a lot/hate relationship with San Diego and Atlanta. I may hate them/have hated them while living there, but I do love them at the same time.

For San Diego, it has nice comfortable weather, the scenery is pretty nice (especially East County), but the high cost of living, crowds, and some of the people frustrate me.

For Atlanta, it's also a beautiful city, has lot's to do, has good food and friendly people, and has a lot of cool hi-tech features, but there's a lot about Atlanta and Georgia in general that upset, dissapoint, anger, and even disturb me, as well as make me ashamed of being from there. For one thing the crime rate in Atlanta is atrocious. It was finally getting safer in the early-to-mid 00's. What happened the last few years? It's like back to the bad ol' days again. There are also a few people in GA even in 2007 that have the prejudice mentality, which gives the rest of the country the impression that GA is socially behind and backwards. The low test scores are also embarrasing. We Georgians used to say jokingly, "Thank God for Mississippi!" Also the fact that Atlanta lacks culture/diversity compared to cities L.A., NYC, S.F., D.C., and Seattle, which makes it fall short of a world class city. I'd like to see ATL on the world map one these days, and to see it as a city where more people around the world want to visit. But now it seems like a city where everyone wants to avoid.

Old 09-01-2007, 01:16 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,245 times
Plano, TX. Love, love the shopping and restaurants, so wonderful! Everything you could want is there. But hate, hate the long drive there, the congestion and traffic, the noise, hard to find parking, ugh....

Old 09-01-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Up late

Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
By the way, we'll start with you Lisak64. Where is your locale? You're up later than the average teenager.
I was up really late last night, lol! We're leaving for vacation later this week and I've been too excited and anxious to sleep well. But I did sleep in today so am well rested

Old 09-02-2007, 12:03 AM

Take your laptop with you and give us a confirmation on your location.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:18 AM

Smile Laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
Take your laptop with you and give us a confirmation on your location.
I do have a laptop but won't be taking it on vacation. I'm too paranoid that it'll get stolen or something. So there will be 10 day span without any posts from me. Bummer. We're going to Ireland. I'm up late again tonight. There was a neighborhood festival tonight. Going to be now because there's another Festival tomorrow. My sister in law is bartending at that one and she's starting at noon. Summer in Chicago is so damn crazy!

Old 09-02-2007, 02:33 AM

No, Lisa.. you so crazy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.