Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 09:01 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,856,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post
I just checked....Dallas has SIX NM's!!!! More than any other city I think.
I don't really see what is so special about a department store. They are too big. It's too hard to find what you are looking for and it's also hard to find someone to help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 09:23 AM

2,598 posts, read 4,926,224 times
What do the number of department stores have to do with rednecks? As previous posters have stated, rednecks are in every city without question. There may be more in some cities than others, but no city is exempt. Surely no one really believes there is a city with no rednecks??? Any city proper does not just include the downtown area.

Regarding the number of Niemann Marcus stores in Houston or Dallas - what's that the true measure of? Houston has the 3rd highest homeless population, and the Dallas homeless population is growing. Not everyone in those cities can afford to shop at expensive department stores.

I'm sure I'd like both Houston and Dallas, but they're just two Texas cities in a country of many great cities.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
What do the number of department stores have to do with rednecks? As previous posters have stated, rednecks are in every city without question. There may be more in some cities than others, but no city is exempt. Surely no one really believes there is a city with no rednecks??? Any city proper does not just include the downtown area.

Regarding the number of Niemann Marcus stores in Houston or Dallas - what's that the true measure of? Houston has the 3rd highest homeless population, and the Dallas homeless population is growing. Not everyone in those cities can afford to shop at expensive department stores.

I'm sure I'd like both Houston and Dallas, but they're just two Texas cities in a country of many great cities.
I don't think anyone is saying there are no rednecks in any of these particular cities. I think this is all about is there a noticeable population of rednecks in these cities and I don't think any city has a noticeable population of rednecks. Most tend to stay on the rural fringes of the cities.

As for department stores, I'm not sure how that topic came up but I sure do hate them. I don't care if it's JC Penny or Neiman Marcus.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:39 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times
News Flash: There are Rednecks in every city, every state and even in every country! Roughest rednecks I've ever met are from Eastern Europe (former Yugoslavia, Romania etc) and/or Middle East (especially Turkey, Iran and Syria). I'd love to watch an "Ultimate Redneck" reality show and watch these guys go up against Rednecks from the US!! I bet the US ones would look like a bunch of yuppies!!

Old 12-14-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
News Flash: There are Rednecks in every city, every state and even in every country! Roughest rednecks I've ever met are from Eastern Europe (former Yugoslavia, Romania etc) and/or Middle East (especially Turkey, Iran and Syria). I'd love to watch an "Ultimate Redneck" reality show and watch these guys go up against Rednecks from the US!! I bet the US ones would look like a bunch of yuppies!!
now i'm confused

Old 12-14-2008, 10:42 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,540,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post
I just checked....Dallas has SIX NM's!!!! More than any other city I think.
Well they probably would have the most. Considering that's where Neiman-Marcus started.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
now i'm confused
What's confusing? Did you think Rednecks only exist in the US? Oh no, they are everywhere. My point was that ones from developing countries are much tougher! I have seen it with my own eyes while traveling/living in other countries.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:20 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,831,029 times
Oh, absolutely. They let them leave the south and go anywhere they want, this is america.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:28 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,808,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
Oh, absolutely. They let them leave the south and go anywhere they want, this is america.
That is a totally ignorant statement...there are rednecks everywhere Einstein - in cities, in the country (yes, there is an abundance of "the country" in all regions), etc. Don't be so condescending, it's not pretty.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
Totally ignorant statement especially from someone from Wyoming! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.