Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 10:24 PM

82 posts, read 637,967 times

Advertisements

Portland, Maine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 10:37 PM

788 posts, read 4,058,815 times
Portland, Maine looks beautiful...can't wait to travel more. I need to write down all these great places so I can visit them.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:03 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,274,613 times
Too many to choose from really,that's a toughy.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:12 AM

272 posts, read 1,505,826 times
Carmel, California. Hands down. End of story.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:29 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,776,361 times
Richmond, Virginia !

Old 03-16-2007, 04:11 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,371,803 times
The Big Sur, California - Just an amazing place, the huge red woods and the surf and cliffs, that over look the kelp beds below. The paciific coast highway that goes through here is the prettiest highway in the country. Hand down. Then the rolling hills to the other side.

Carmel/Monterey, California - Oh the 16 or 18 mile windy road that goes past Pebble beach Golf Club, the best part of the drive. The shapes of the trees are like bonsi trees but they are huge trees. And the cliffs with the surf crashing at the bottom. Then there is the town of Carmel, just a cute old artist colony, with a double boulevard street in the center, shops on either side.

Whistler, BC - The peaks and the lake that hugs the road on the way to Whsitler, that was just gorgeous.

San Fran, California - The hills right in the city with the townhomes. The huge park next to the city where people jog next to the Golden Gate Bridge.
The sea lions making their noises, just laying around on stuff.

Seattle, Washington - Just a beautiful city, with the lakes and the boats houses in the water. And that mist in the air, just makes it feel so cozy.
The market down town, is awesome, I wish we had a place like that. I felt like I was in Europe. And taking the ferry, that was cool.

The Rocky Mountains west of Denver, Colorado - The way the mountains just shoot straight up just west of Denver, no slow incline, bam there they are huge mountains. When they are covered with snow, oh my...

Ashville, NC - Just sitting on the porch in a rocking chair, having a drink at the Biltmore Estate, looking out at the rolling hills at sunset, is all you need.

All of Vermont - During leaf peeping season, just driving down these rolling hills while the leaves are all kinds of colors is just so pretty. And then if you stop at an overlook and the wind rustles the leaves, just feels like fall.

Everglades National Park, Florida - This bed of grass and all the nature that surounds it is beautiful in its own way.

Old 03-25-2007, 04:12 PM

786 posts, read 4,720,375 times
The West side of Portand, Oregon. It has 11,000 ft high Mount Hood looking over the City and lots of hills and forests. I love Portland.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:09 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,226,383 times
The west is chock full of picturesque locations (often with corresponding "picturesque" real estate prices):

Sedona, AZ
Boulder, CO
Estes Park, CO
Telluride, CO
Aspen, CO, etc., etc,
Santa Fe, NM
Springdale, UT (gateway to Zion Nat'l Park)

On the east coast (which admittedly I have seen little of), I'll go with:
Chevy Chase, MD

Old 03-25-2007, 07:23 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,587,351 times
I'd have to say Sedona AZ, beautiful red rock county. Very picturesque.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:06 AM

272 posts, read 1,505,826 times
Default I have to add this about Carmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Boomer View Post
Carmel, California. Hands down. End of story.
You can see for yourself how spectacular Carmel-by-the-Sea is at this photogallery Take a stroll through those pictures, the beauty of that town makes your breath catch in your throat when you're there in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.