Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have problem with Californians moving into your area?
YES 22 25.29%
NO 65 74.71%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 10:02 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,385,422 times

Advertisements

Soon Native Texans will be unemployed while transplants from California and the North take our jobs. Good thing Perry is taking action to stop this from fruition!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 01:30 PM

3,403 posts, read 4,437,551 times
^It's the State of Texas' fault that it hasn't created a qualified workforce that's large enough to prevent that from happening. I was visiting my friend in Sugar Land and in between there and Houston, I saw nothing but a bunch of Texas/Confederate flag waving hicks. These are not folks that are fit to work at Fortune 500 companies(unless it's as a janitor, mechanic, etc). Even many of your college-educated folk are notably inferior than people up in the Northeast. This situation is an example of market forces at work.

Last edited by TylerJAX; 05-03-2009 at 01:42 PM..

Old 05-03-2009, 02:11 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,391,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
^It's the State of Texas' fault that it hasn't created a qualified workforce that's large enough to prevent that from happening. I was visiting my friend in Sugar Land and in between there and Houston, I saw nothing but a bunch of Texas/Confederate flag waving hicks. These are not folks that are fit to work at Fortune 500 companies(unless it's as a janitor, mechanic, etc). Even many of your college-educated folk are notably inferior than people up in the Northeast. This situation is an example of market forces at work.
While that is a little harsh...often true that people from north come down south and walk circles around their coworkers. The competence levels, professionalism and what is expected for certain jobs is drastically different between regions in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Soon Native Texans will be unemployed while transplants from California and the North take our jobs. Good thing Perry is taking action to stop this from fruition!
This isn't saying much for the people of Houston is it? You guys are in the United States correct?
This goes back to which states don't teach students to be able to function everywhere.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:10 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,404,112 times
Coloroadan's have a lot of trouble with more and more Californian's moving in. Utahn's also don't like all of the non-LDS Californian's moving to Salt Lake City and Park City.

The reason Illinois has become more Democratic is because of the amount of people coming from more liberal New York and Los Angeles since the late 1980's.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:14 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,104,404 times
i have a problem with them moving into my neighborhood and im in california.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:17 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,256,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Illegal immigration is down considerably due to the economy. If there's no work there's no life, so why come to the US? I believe the military coming home from Iraq should be deplored on the border to slow further immigration & help the immigrants find work in Mexico. Also these soldiers are going to need employment in a weak economy & can build surveillance posts along the border.
Eh...maybe. Have you been to Dockweiler beach on a hot weekend. Last heat wave was out of control. I live in PDR so I drive by there every day. The people were parking all along Vista Del Mar even in no parking zones and up into the residential area and almost every single person I saw was Hispanic. Then one night I saw about 30 getting arrested. The beach was even packed on the weekdays. I thought to myself, Why are people at the beach on weekdays? Then I noticed almost everyone was Hispanic and remembered that they don't work.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:21 PM

16 posts, read 48,215 times
Californians should stay in California because it is so beautiful.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:52 PM

3,403 posts, read 4,437,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Eh...maybe. Have you been to Dockweiler beach on a hot weekend. Last heat wave was out of control. I live in PDR so I drive by there every day. The people were parking all along Vista Del Mar even in no parking zones and up into the residential area and almost every single person I saw was Hispanic. Then one night I saw about 30 getting arrested. The beach was even packed on the weekdays. I thought to myself, Why are people at the beach on weekdays? Then I noticed almost everyone was Hispanic and remembered that they don't work.
What does this have to do with illegal immigration?

Old 05-03-2009, 06:00 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,819,909 times
Not too many of them in Kansas City, thank goodness.
Sadly, the Ozarks will never be peaceful and pleasant again, thanks to the Californians. You can't throw a rock without hitting someone's house down there. It's downright depressing how overcrowded southern Missouri/northern Arkansas has become.
Overpriced land, McMansions... don't those morons know that you don't have to pay that much in Missouri? Wherever Californians move to, you'd think ocean-front property was around every corner.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:33 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,256,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
What does this have to do with illegal immigration?
Because there are way too many Hispanics in LA and many are illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.