Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2009, 12:03 PM

29 posts, read 82,224 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am a single woman in my mid thirties that has spent my whole life in San Diego, California. I lost my job in December due to company workforce reductions and am seeking new employment. More than that I am seeking a complete change in environment while I am not tied down. I want a new experience, new adventure.

While many think I am crazy for wanting to leave Southern California and head East, I am excited. I have been researching and been inquiring on forums for weeks. I am quite aware of all the negatives and positives and the biggest being adjusting to severe weather changes and all around culture shock. However I continue to be drawn to the East Coast, particularly Boston.

I am ready to experience 4 distinct seasons, we don't have seasons here. I am ready to interact with new people. I have been informed that folks on the East Coast are more reserved, not as easy to make friends with and numerous other thngs. Yet, I take everything I read with a grain of salt and would still like to experience for myself.

I am trying to really make certain I find areas that are most conducive to me. A place that has a big city environment that I like, that has 4 seasons, that has a mix of people that are diverse and also in my age range, where there are job opportunities.

I have looked at everything from:

Boston, Massachusetts
New York
Wahington, D.C.
Denver, Colorado
Austin, Texas
Portland, Oregon
San Francisco, Ca

and keep coming back to Boston. I would appreciate anyone else's advice on any of these areas and thoughts for a single woman in her thirties wanting to relocate. Thank you.

Last edited by Bo; 01-09-2009 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: Updated title to make thread easier to find with search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.