Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 08:30 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,956,607 times

Advertisements

Here in south FL there is "Pembroke Falls" and "Falls of Pembroke" within one mile of each other.....talk about lack of imagination!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 08:37 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times
Rolling Hills in Ocala, Florida..... its flat as a pancake in the area.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:48 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,984,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Ventana Ranch. I live in the wacked out Subdivison.
Ventana Ranch.. There are plenty of windows (on the houses haha), But No Ranch, Just Nothing but desert for miles.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:51 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,956,607 times
Yeah, like kshegirl said....we have lots of Subdivisions with "Hills" in their name here......but it's flat as a pancake here.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
Yeah, like kshegirl said....we have lots of Subdivisions with "Hills" in their name here......but it's flat as a pancake here.
LOL, love that you use the same location I do upon occasion, I totally feel like I am in exile here!

Old 01-20-2009, 10:26 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,018,997 times
Default Shreveport-Bossier City

Anything around here is either stolen from far away (highland ranch) or the most mundane unimaginative names ever. Anything that's a noun with the suffix "wood" added to it; plain old southern this or northern that. Pitiful! Whereas I don't really care all that much, you would think that those developers would have some kind of an imagination or at least their wives or girlfriends (or boyfriends) would. They desparately need help, that's for sure.
Examples are:

Northwoods
Southern Estates
Southern Hills
Western Hills
Greenacres
Greenacres Place
North Highlands
South Highlands

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Old 01-20-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
Anything around here is either stolen from far away (highland ranch) or the most mundane unimaginative names ever. Anything that's a noun with the suffix "wood" added to it; plain old southern this or northern that. Pitiful! Whereas I don't really care all that much, you would think that those developers would have some kind of an imagination or at least their wives or girlfriends (or boyfriends) would. They desparately need help, that's for sure.
Examples are:

Northwoods
Southern Estates
Southern Hills
Western Hills
Greenacres
Greenacres Place
North Highlands
South Highlands

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
eeeeewwwwwww, they need to employ the same think tank that has martinis and makes up names for nail polish.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:44 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,679,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I've seen a few, "Sable Acres" which to me just seems like a real overzealous attempt at trying to sound elite and powerful. All I can think of is retired American Gladiators or Strippers residing there for some reason.
What a visual!

Old 01-21-2009, 07:53 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,820,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
One other odd one, it is a nice neighborhood in close-in Atlanta, but have seen it in other towns. The subdivision is Sherwood Forest and the Streets are Friar Tuck Lane, Robin Hood Drive, Lady Marian Way and Little John Trail.
Niceville's got a Sherwood Forest subdivision with similar names.

In Ft. Walton Beach, I actually rather like the neighborhood with the Sherlock Holmes street names (Baker, Holmes, Watson, and Moriarity streets all clumped together)

Old 01-21-2009, 12:40 PM

5,036 posts, read 4,350,891 times
Alexandria, LA has a number of subdivisions that end with "Village"

Acadian Village
Cherokee Village
Four Leaf Village
Castle Village

Some unusual subdivision names in the area are Lebanon, Rue Left Bank, West Pointe on the Bayou, and Ocho Rios.

One neighborhood, Tennyson Oaks is comprised of streets which almost always end with the word "Oaks." For example, Moody Oaks, Taylor Oaks, Audubon Oaks, Windy Oaks, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.