Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 08:52 PM

93,273 posts, read 123,898,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
Uhh, not really... The crime is usually below national average in MT.V (not for the past cpl years, but still not too high above national average) and it's 60% black.

You try looking for a town of 70K population that is 60% black thats had below to at average crime.

someone said detroit... They have SO many problems
Heck, find a city of 70,000 period nowadays with below average crime in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 12:41 PM

476 posts, read 2,818,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
In no order..
Atlanta
Washington DC
Houston
Charlotte
Dallas
Chicago
New York (if you can afford it)
Baltimore
Columbus
and probably a couple more.

I think there are not still cities of Florida in the filing!

Old 01-21-2009, 03:42 PM

718 posts, read 2,325,071 times
Yes Fleetwood is nice esp by the Bronxville border, but south side Mt Vernon is not a place you put on your wish list. The part of the Bronx it shares a border with isnt exactly nice.

Mt Vernon is corrupt, the schools are garbage, theres gangs and all that nonsense. Westchester has the highest property taxes in the nation, why on earth would anyone spend it to live in Mt Vernon when they could probably pay the same to live in places like Norwalk or Ossining. Though those are probably "whiter" towns the quality of life would be much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
Uhh, not really... The crime is usually below national average in MT.V (not for the past cpl years, but still not too high above national average) and it's 60% black.

You try looking for a town of 70K population that is 60% black thats had below to at average crime.

someone said detroit... They have SO many problems

Old 01-21-2009, 04:34 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,201,035 times
Not a city, but I heard once that the borough of Queens was the only county in America where the median income for Blacks is higher than any other group. I dunno if this is true or not.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:14 PM

718 posts, read 2,325,071 times
I dont know about that exact statistic but their median income is relatively high there. Many of the Black neighborhoods in Queens are much nicer than the ones in Brooklyn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Not a city, but I heard once that the borough of Queens was the only county in America where the median income for Blacks is higher than any other group. I dunno if this is true or not.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:03 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,428,288 times
Isn't this a bit of a chicken and egg situation? I mean with the ever-increasing geographic mobility you have to wonder whether in many cases the city is good for blacks or the blacks were already "good" before they moved.

I mean a highly educate expereienced black professional would probably do good pretty much anywhere, whereas a black homeless would still be ****ed in that black mecca.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:06 AM

476 posts, read 2,818,160 times
When have we the filing 2008 ?

Old 02-12-2009, 11:11 AM

418 posts, read 1,280,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by internat View Post
What makes a city good for African-Americans?
KFCs on every block?

I KEEEEEEDDDD I KEEEEEEED

Old 02-12-2009, 11:15 AM

418 posts, read 1,280,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I think it is in terms of African Americans doing well in various ways more in certain metro areas in comparison to others. It's not that African Americans want or do something differently, per se, but that there are some cities or metro areas where it seems that African Americans are doing better in comparison to others.

wow.. i need to find these magical cities where my race makes me succeed...

Old 02-12-2009, 07:27 PM

93,273 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrazzle View Post
wow.. i need to find these magical cities where my race makes me succeed...
That's not what I said or the point of the original post. It is in terms of the success of people of that community in particular cities. Really, it's not a hard concept to follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.