Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 06:41 PM

327 posts, read 1,050,914 times

Advertisements

Newark NJ

seriously though i would say DC area or New England. Both have great education and u can escape city life pretty quick

Last edited by ifeeldope; 02-04-2009 at 06:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 11:52 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,736,582 times
Minneapolis, MN. The University of Minnesota is huge, offers everything you could want, and its campus spans the beautiful Mississippi River. Lots of students of all ages there, too, so as an older student you'd fit in fine. Probably a number of fellow ex-military people, too - I knew at least a couple when I was a student there There are other colleges and some community colleges, too, but the "U" is the place everyone seems to go. Minneapolis offers lots of great outdoor activities, as does the state as a whole. It's diverse, liberal (but with enough conservatives around to balance things out), has nightlife of both the club and bar variety, and is big enough to keep you interested for the next 4 or so years. It gets cold in the winter, admittedly, but that just opens up all sorts of seasonal outdoor options.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:27 AM

643 posts, read 1,393,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Surf84 View Post
I am a 25 year old Marine. I am about to get out of the military after almost 8 years. I plan on starting college for the first time. All of my school is paid for and rent will all be paid by the military, so rent shoudlnt be to big of a problem. At the same time I'm not trying to break the bank to live. I have moved around alot ( 16 times) in the last 8 years, most stateside, but some overseas. I enjoyed alot of them, and didnt like others so much. Right now I'm looking for a place I can enjoy for atleast my college years, maybe longer. I am a big fan of the outdoors. I like it all, mountains, ocean, snow, sand, bike trails. I also enjoy indoor activities like the gym, indoor rock climbing etc.. I like being around active and healthy people, and also enjoy a very diverse population.

Even though I am a little older then alot of beginning college students, I still love the nightlife. I'm getting a little more into to bars now then the whole club scene but I like them both. I also really enjoy live performance, and going to plays, stand up comedy shows and alot of other types of theatre. Even though I was in the military, I consider myself pretty open minded and carefree. Liberal, but definetly not a hippie. I am really just loooking for a city that can keep my interest, and keep me entertained and busy for the next 3 or 4 years, yet still give me the calm I need to get my life back on the normal civilian track again. Also schools. I want a community college first to get back in the swing of things but want a good university close by. Well people, let me know what you got
Biloxi sound good for you. nightlifes mainly in new orleans and no mountains here but every other think you want is here. biloxi is affordable but in an ideal world i would recommend to you San Diego

Old 06-28-2009, 12:33 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
All of those posted would fit the bill. To add to the list, I liked Asheville, NC, and if you like cold weather sports the New England states all look good for colleges and recreation. (You're probably better off looking for the better colleges to meet your needs, and then select which location fits your other criteria.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.