Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 11:30 PM

375 posts, read 800,319 times

Advertisements

I'm a native Nebraskan born and raised on a farm, however, I feel like I would have rather grown up in a city like Omaha or Kansas City. I especially love KC and would have loved to grow up in the area since it's a big city, but still small enough. I especially would have loved living in some older neighborhood (not suburbia). Same with Omaha, I would have loved living in an area like the Dundee or Benson neighborhood. Even South Omaha would be nice. I've always liked living in neighborhoods that have character in cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 12:07 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
I'm happy being from NJ but I'm from northern NJ. If I could pick my birthplace and where I grew up it'd be along the Jersey Shore. Don't get me wrong, I love my hometown and where I live but I am such a beach person. My personal connection I feel to the Jersey Shore is immense. I feel like I belong there.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:20 AM

29 posts, read 34,983 times
If you don't like a location why stay there?

Old 12-22-2013, 06:32 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
I don't think I belonged being born in Moscow, Russians in general are just so cold

I think I woulda been a better fit for somewhere more emotional like Czech Republic or Croatia

Old 12-23-2013, 04:26 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
From the looks of your username, I would bet that you're moving out towards one of the Mountain West states
Not quite. I made it to georgia. I've been to the north georgia mountains so far and they are beautiful.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:46 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,519,622 times
Unless it affects citizenship, rights, travel, or immigration, I can't see why it matters where someone was born.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:33 PM

309 posts, read 760,001 times
Yes, I am a San Francisco 49ers fan who was born and raised in Seattle.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:02 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,212,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Not quite. I made it to georgia. I've been to the north georgia mountains so far and they are beautiful.
Oh okay, glad you're enjoying yourself

Old 12-26-2013, 04:40 PM

489 posts, read 1,324,938 times
My family has a Western history dating back to the 1800s- my ancestors traveled west on wagon trains and settled in Hollywood long before it was the Hollywood we know today. However, I have always felt a pull to the East Coast. I love the historical feel and old architecture, the 4 seasons, the number of big cities all within close travel distance to each other. I used to say all the time that I was born on the wrong coast, but the older I get the more I appreciate the Western US. I love the laid back attitudes, the warm weather, the beautiful natural scenery. In some ways, there's really no place like home.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:18 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,814,932 times
Yes. I am abnormally hot, almost the majority of the time. When it has gotten around the 30s in Tucson, I'm walking around in a big coat at night with my headphones in. It's relaxing. I hate walking around in the heat, or existing in the heat. I am made for cold weather, and since I am always hot, Phoenix/Tucson are terrible places for me. I like wearing cozy PJs and laying in my bed writing on my computer. Since my bed feels like a fire pit about 80% of the time, that's no fun for me.

I'm also always bored here. Phoenix and Tucson both don't offer me a whole lot that suit my interests. It leads me to sit inside and post on C-D. I love the water, especially cold water, and that especially doesn't exist here. I like kayaking, swimming, lounging on the beach, etc. anything water-related, I probably like it. I like being in the mountains with pine trees, I feel an odd serenity when I am surrounded by them and while those are in Flagstaff, my father hates the mountains so we never go.

I definitely belong somewhere else. Probably somewhere due North of here, whether a little West or a little East.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.