Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2008, 09:45 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
You are so right ! It was that way in Idaho where I was born and raised. It meant their behavior...and still means that in my newest dictionary.
Yeah, that is what it means.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:24 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,474,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
Well, if capped teeth and a lifetime subscription to whitening strips is what you want, then that's what you'll get, but unless you realize that health/dental plans are scarce for those who work for employers that don't offer those insurance plans, then you'll understand why those women don't have all their teeth. Another factor comes from giving birth. When they were having kids, they weren't started on vitamins as the women in the past 10 years have been. Pregnancy robs the body of calcium which is needed for healthy teeth. Raising families and making ends meet don't always prove to bring out the prettiest people, but you can bet their values are in the right place!
As for the men...some just don't care what they look like.
As for places like PA there are less values than places like VA for example,therefore there are other reasons for lack of teeth.
Alot of it has to do with poor education or plain ignorance of nutrition for example when there is more of that available in surrounding areas versus places like the lower Appalachian areas where it's even less available.
Where I live in the Philadelphia/southern NJ area there seem to be alot of 'Appalachian looking people' even though it's in the northeast,one of the most prosperous areas of the country. I see people who drink nothing but soda and eat junk food all the time when there are so many better options as far as nutrition available around them in this region.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:57 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by internat View Post
It would be interesting if someone could give examples of living people in different regions of USA. It will of course be a stereotypical picture. States such as Colorado, Oregon and Washington, Pacific Northwest do offer a lot of healthy outdoor pursuits. In my experience outdoorsy liberal leftist feminist women into alternative styles tend to not look particularly feminine. I do agree sliver how you dress doesn't change the actual appearance that is the body and facial features. It can only make things a bit better. That could be said of larger cities where women are more into fashion. Fashion trends fade - style remains. Most importantly, can young women these days make a tasty pie for their boyfriends or husbands? I've probably dreamt away too much watching Waitress with Keri Russell.
I agree the Northwest is alternative types and it does reflect in peoples appearance. It would not be fair to just state that towards the woman it is definitely the men also. Some people are attractive and take the time to make themselves look presentable, however the numbers that don't seem much higher than other areas. Perhaps it is the outdated grunge look that is so prevelent here, or the high amount of homeless that make up the population here. Its hard to distinguish sometimes who is homeless or not here. Either way I cannot say this is an area with alot of attractive people versus other regions of the USA.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:10 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Tough question!

I think Southerners can be attractive, but generally NOT healthy...and obesity is MUCH more prevalent.

Northerners.. particularly from the Northwest can be VERY HEALTHY and much more fit...but don't value looking attractive. They want to look geeky and other images, but not attractive, etc.

Generally I find whichever cities have the MOST immigrants to have the most attractive women. They are usually naturally healthy and attractive and thin, PLUS generally really want to look really good. You can usually find the most immigrants around the largest immigrant magnet cities - New York City, Los Angeles, Miami, etc.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:30 AM

422 posts, read 758,901 times
The times that I've been to California, I've been dissapointed with the women there. The real California is not like the song "California Girls" by the beach boys, or the attractive Hollywood actors you see on TV. The average Californian is way ugly.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:57 AM

167 posts, read 492,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Generally I find whichever cities have the MOST immigrants to have the most attractive women. They are usually naturally healthy and attractive and thin, PLUS generally really want to look really good. You can usually find the most immigrants around the largest immigrant magnet cities - New York City, Los Angeles, Miami, etc.
I can think of two reasons why that might be the case (among others, I'm sure). Firstly, immigrants don't grow up with (as much) junk food the way Americans do. Secondly, genetic variation produces physically healthier, and according to some societies' standards, "better looking" people.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Do you mean foreign models?

Old 07-09-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
The times that I've been to California, I've been dissapointed with the women there. The real California is not like the song "California Girls" by the beach boys, or the attractive Hollywood actors you see on TV. The average Californian is way ugly.
Sure alot of them may be 'mountain people',but generally the more attractive people are in the larger cities.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:49 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,736,435 times
This is such a silly topic. There are ugly and beautiful people everywhere. I don't think any one location has the market on beauty and ugliness. Besides, even someone at first look, could be homely, but you get to know them and their personality and attitude can make them beautiful and sexy.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:49 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
This is such a silly topic. There are ugly and beautiful people everywhere. I don't think any one location has the market on beauty and ugliness. Besides, even someone at first look, could be homely, but you get to know them and their personality and attitude can make them beautiful and sexy.

You are so right, not only is it a "silly Topic", it is just plain insulting. Since the usage of the word "ugly" ( in this thread) is apparently talking about physical looks, it is not only insulting, but down right mean. I have seen people who looked good on the outside, but once you got to know them , you discover their looks were only skin deep. The opposite is true of many who do not look so pretty on the outside, they are beautiful on the inside.

I am thinking that most of the posters here that are so insulting about other people's looks, are pretty ugly inside !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.