Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: TEXAS VS FLORIDA--Which state would you prefer to live in?
Texas 302 57.09%
Florida 227 42.91%
Voters: 529. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 12:10 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,570,406 times

Advertisements

I agree that Florida has more culture than Texas [ie. Salvador Dali museum in St Pete]. When Texans talk culture they mean the "Texas two-step" [square dancing ] & country music. Also, it is not possible for a state that has so many Republicans to have culture. And any state that produces a man like Bush has to be over-run with yahoos.

Florida is much more interesting & much more scenic than anywhere in Texas [ever check out the swampy beaches in Texas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 12:17 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,809,717 times
So Texas has no scenery? Florida has beaches, which ARE beautiful, but other than that Florida is flat, flat, flat and has little other to offer.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:02 PM

20,501 posts, read 33,335,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
I agree that Florida has more culture than Texas [ie. Salvador Dali museum in St Pete]. When Texans talk culture they mean the "Texas two-step" [square dancing ] & country music. Also, it is not possible for a state that has so many Republicans to have culture. And any state that produces a man like Bush has to be over-run with yahoos.

Florida is much more interesting & much more scenic than anywhere in Texas [ever check out the swampy beaches in Texas?
In addition to Synopsis post about Texas having no scenery, I am going out on a limb and say you know very little about the state. First off, Bush is NOT FROM TEXAS. Did you forget that Jeb Bush was the govenor of Florida, though? BTW, did you know that Texas has the 2nd most liberals in the United States? BTW, since when was the beaches from Corpus to SPI to Brownsville swampy?

Old 02-26-2009, 01:14 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,082,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
And I am telling you that only Miami's nightlife is better. The rest of Florida's nightlife (Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville) is not any better than any Texas city. In fact, Jacksonville and Orlando are a little bit on the boring side. So no, there is substance to which I quoted you for.
But i had already stated that..... But yeah jax Tampa orlando are lil bit on the alright side i have had some good times in Orlando. And city can be fun dpending on what crowd of people you are with and what you like doing

Old 02-26-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:

The Texas people are about to Attack you for this comment

Old 02-26-2009, 01:30 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,476,424 times
Quote:

Texas two-step? Country music?

Sure, we have that, but to proclaim that as the entirety of Texas culture is rather myopic. Houston has the enormous MFA, the Menil Collection, the Museum of Natural History (the first place in the world Lucy was exhibited outside of Ethiopia), and score of other museums and art galleries, many of which are world renowned. Dallas is very similar.

Florida has a museum dedicated to an artist that no legitimate art critic even takes seriously. Outside of college freshmen dorm room walls, no one really cares about Dali. Florida's culture is pop culture. Without Mickey Mouse and MTV, Florida has no more culture than Nebraska.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:49 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,809,717 times
And BTW, I am a transplanted Okie from Oklahoma. Texas has TONS of scenery from the piny woods of East Texas, to the hill country in central Texas, to the great mountains in the Southwest, including El Paso and her great heritage, to the Southern plains and the high plains of West Texas from Lubbock to Amarillo.

Texas is full of diverse landscapes, with far, far more variety than exists in Florida. Texas is a fantastic and beautiful state.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:27 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,495,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
The Texas people are about to Attack you for this comment
This guy "happ" is exactly the reason why we respond the way we do. When you post it is an opinion and good natured. happ on the other hand is a troll spewing complete falsehoods. Of course everyone thinks he is whack so it doesn't really matter

Old 02-26-2009, 02:31 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,495,752 times
Quote:

Inferiority complex and jealous that our state isn't tanking like the crackhouse republic of kalifornia

Every time I think of kalifornia and all the problems the Liberals are riddling that state with it makes me laugh

Old 02-26-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
This guy "happ" is exactly the reason why we respond the way we do. When you post it is an opinion and good natured. happ on the other hand is a troll spewing complete falsehoods. Of course everyone thinks he is whack so it doesn't really matter

yeah i understand that The same thing goes with Atlanta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.