Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 04:54 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,240,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
I can see that. But my point is, KY then gets grouped into the "Southeast".

That makes no sense.
Does it really bother you that much that some piece of paper says Kentucky is Southeastern?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 05:32 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,076,512 times
Does this make you feel better about the midatlantic?

http://www.midatlanticskiresorts.com...idatlantic.jpg

http://www.mcaofthecarolinas.org/assets/images/MCA_Mid-Atlantic_11-21-06.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-12-2009, 05:38 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,076,512 times
Or this:

Old 03-12-2009, 07:00 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,694,509 times
The 2nd map makes most sense to me- although West VA always was a funny state being that part of it goes up into the North like that.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:36 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,711,500 times
Quote:
The 2nd map makes most sense to me- although West VA always was a funny state being that part of it goes up into the North like that.

Does it still bother you that West Virginia seceded from the rest of the state?

Old 03-12-2009, 07:55 PM

657 posts, read 1,504,423 times
Quote:
Back2DC is obsessed with mileage maps.
Excuse me, but I'M OBSESSED? I AM or YOU ARE?

You're the one posting six hundred different threads on the same topic all of which have proved your backwards arguments to be wrong. You're the one posting all these skewed maps to reassure yourself of some fanciful notion that you're living in petticoat junction. You're the one who started all of the distance calculations to random places like Rocky Mount or Danville or wherever.

I'm obsessed? Again, YOU'RE the one who's obsessed and you're projecting all your delusional arguments about Richmond onto all the other posters on this forum. Your paranoia has killed any cohesive argument you've tried to make to the point where nobody is taking you seriously.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:16 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,694,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2dc View Post
Excuse me, but I'M OBSESSED? I AM or YOU ARE?

You're the one posting six hundred different threads on the same topic all of which have proved your backwards arguments to be wrong. You're the one posting all these skewed maps to reassure yourself of some fanciful notion that you're living in petticoat junction. You're the one who started all of the distance calculations to random places like Rocky Mount or Danville or wherever.

I'm obsessed? Again, YOU'RE the one who's obsessed and you're projecting all your delusional arguments about Richmond onto all the other posters on this forum. Your paranoia has killed any cohesive argument you've tried to make to the point where nobody is taking you seriously.
Yes, but I was just trying to counter the points you were making.
I think it bothers you to realize you live in the good old southern state of Virginia. Maybe you should move a bit further Nawth, lol

Old 03-12-2009, 11:57 PM

1,342 posts, read 3,244,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post

Does it still bother you that West Virginia seceded from the rest of the state?
Oh boy, a chance to promote by lil 'ol blog. index

And I object to that last map, West Virginia's quintiles are the finest in the South, they should be at least an 8 on the map, my daddy got awards for his.
My grandmother's recipe for fried quintiles. Take 3 large quintiles, sliced about 1/2 inch thick (they should be a little green), dredge in a mix of cornmeal, flour, salt & pepper. Dice some fatback and in the rendering fry your quintiles till lightly brown on each side. Deglaze with a little corn liquor (step back from the stove), shake pan vigorously. Before turning off the flame, add a dab of butter and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, and cover for a few minutes. Serve immediately.

If you like that one I will post my granny's recipe for West Virginia Hominy Casserole.

Last edited by Bobilee; 03-13-2009 at 01:14 AM..

Old 03-13-2009, 03:21 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,711,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2dc View Post
You're the one posting all these skewed maps to reassure yourself of some fanciful notion that you're living in petticoat junction.
LOL! Rep for the most perfect description of BlueVaSinger EVER!

Old 03-13-2009, 03:50 PM

706 posts, read 1,241,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobilee View Post
Oh boy, a chance to promote by lil 'ol blog. index

And I object to that last map, West Virginia's quintiles are the finest in the South, they should be at least an 8 on the map, my daddy got awards for his.
My grandmother's recipe for fried quintiles. Take 3 large quintiles, sliced about 1/2 inch thick (they should be a little green), dredge in a mix of cornmeal, flour, salt & pepper. Dice some fatback and in the rendering fry your quintiles till lightly brown on each side. Deglaze with a little corn liquor (step back from the stove), shake pan vigorously. Before turning off the flame, add a dab of butter and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, and cover for a few minutes. Serve immediately.

If you like that one I will post my granny's recipe for West Virginia Hominy Casserole.

What the heck is a quintile?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.