Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 10:48 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,085,833 times

Advertisements

I am gonna have a gym room so I can work out in the comfort of my home. Not sure if there even is a gym in Oil City. Need a guest bedroom when my parents/friends visit. I am looking at minimum 3 bedrooms, prefer 4 or 5 and I prefer at least two full bathrooms, one is just mine, the other is for friends/family when they visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 10:59 PM

669 posts, read 3,193,804 times
Honestly NAH, you may hate big cities but you have a typical "keeping up with Jones" attitude if you ask me.

First off, do you really need a whole fricking ROOM for workout equipment? Second, HOW IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GOING TO AFFORD TO BUY THAT?

Guest bathroom? Yes, a lot of people have them, but I don't know that people are going to flock to see you in Oil City.

You need to learn to do without. That's the real way to live inexpensively, no matter where you are.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:58 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,719 times
Quote:
Not sure if there even is a gym in Oil City.
They have a ymca.

Old 03-25-2007, 12:23 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
If I won the lottery, I wouldnt stay in FL, id be looking somewhere in northern CA or even OR. Very beautiful land and weather Oil City is beautiful too but theres better locations for rich people

If I won the lottery I would buy an Island and post armed guards all around...lol..

Old 03-25-2007, 12:32 AM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,785,113 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurphy
But NAH, that would be proving my point.

You're leaving to find cheaper living. Nothing wrong with that but if money were no object you never would have chosen Oil City.

Cosmic: But he ain't left yet, he ain't in Oil City yet. Still buying those $5 strawberries.
Open question if he is ever going to leave. I don't think that new car is on order yet.
How funny! Cosmic, you always seem to know how to word things just right!!

I tell you, if NAH decided that Santa Cruz was THE place to be, I'd offer to let him stay here -- but I already know it is way beyond his price range! I'd just love to see him actually DO something, rather than just complain.

NAH, there are SOOOO many opportunities out there for young people --- as they say out west (and so many other places): "Go for it!"

Old 03-25-2007, 02:53 AM

923 posts, read 3,513,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
The worse thing is they still want to vote for Ted Kennedy, Barney Frank, Hillary and all of that fun crowd. Probably what ruined Florida.
I'm Dieing here...lol lol lol hehehehehe...

Old 03-25-2007, 02:55 AM

923 posts, read 3,513,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
How funny! Cosmic, you always seem to know how to word things just right!!

I tell you, if NAH decided that Santa Cruz was THE place to be, I'd offer to let him stay here -- but I already know it is way beyond his price range! I'd just love to see him actually DO something, rather than just complain.

NAH, there are SOOOO many opportunities out there for young people --- as they say out west (and so many other places): "Go for it!"
I say we get NAH a Job on an oil rig or a crew boat. Pay is $200.00-$500.00 per day...

Old 03-25-2007, 06:23 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,777,604 times
It's true people don't do their research, move and then complain as if the new place is supposed to be like the old place but less expensive. I moved from NJ to SC because it was less expensive but spent a year looking into it and finding the area that best suits me. I probably would have stayed in NJ but my option was buy a really small house in a lousy neighborhood with almost no yard or a fixer upper (dump). Then I would have had to buy that for $100,000 more then what I paid here and my taxes would have been around $8,000/$10,000. Yes, I wanted a nice house and lower taxes but I also didn't want to give my money to a state so corrupt. I love NJ, especially the area I lived in but the state made it impossible for someone making under $100,000 to buy a house. It works if you already bought a few years ago but try to do it now and it's really hard. I love where I moved to and I have a nice house, nothing fancy and I don't have to worry about the bills all the time and I'm only paying $1,000 in taxes. I don't think that's a mistake, I think it's great!

Old 03-25-2007, 06:43 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,719 times
I do agree with your rant this does seem to be happening and a big reason home prices are out of control for the average person.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:08 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
I say we get NAH a Job on an oil rig or a crew boat. Pay is $200.00-$500.00 per day...
Yoo Hoo Rance we have a new employee for you

I think our friend Rance may have connections.

NAH could move to Alaska that shoudl be cold enough for him.

karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.