Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 11:25 PM

126 posts, read 548,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Symetrical View Post
I like to Swim with My own school of fish: But we are "Tolerant and Loving" to the other Fish, accept for the sharks and jelly-fish...
Took the words right outta' my mouth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2007, 12:41 AM

2,408 posts, read 14,355,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I am mixed race. I could be considered black or white. Though that is not really the issue of my posting.
I don't believe you. Not even for a second.

You've said "white people like me" in this post and "as a Black man" in other posts, not something that the majority of mixed people would say (most would not flip flop from one race to the next so absolutely). You have stated in another thread how you would like to live in an ethnically diverse area and then in this thread state the opposite. You have stated your disgust with illegal immigrants overrunning your area, and then in another thread argue for opening America's borders. You are at the most, a troll, and at the least, extremely inconsistent. Judging by the tone of many of your posts and threads that you have started, and your seeming fixation on racial issues, your motives are greatly suspect.

People purposely trying to stir the pot and start controversy, or posing as something other than they are in an effort to cause a sort of e-chaos, are nothing new on this board or others. It's tiresome but it's to be expected on the internet and it's your right, but others should be aware of what is most likely "really the issue of" your postings and learn to not take the bait. Troll on.

Last edited by dullnboring; 04-03-2007 at 01:20 AM..

Old 04-03-2007, 12:50 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,423,748 times
Thanks for pointing that out Dullnboring, glad someone did! I have much more respect for people who have different views but stand by them and do not try to stir up trouble on here, at least I know where I stand with them and know they are being honest. I personally, ignore such people.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:18 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,644,447 times
Yes as long as they are the same type that I am!

Old 04-03-2007, 09:01 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,334,213 times
dullnboring and PgjPaNative -- congrats to you both for your comments.

I prefer ethnic diversity.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:01 AM

37,729 posts, read 40,764,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I recently visited Spokane Washington. This City has to be one of the Whitest cities in America. I saw very few ethnic minorities in the City or nearby suburbs. I thought the City was nice and very middle class. It reminded me of a place from the "good old days" It had kind of a old fashioned relaxed way about it. Though some would call it dull because there was limited ethnic diversity.
Jeez Lousie, you again? Did you ever think Spokane, Washington could be dull (in your opinion) AND ethnically diverse? So how did they come out on your ugly/fat people meter or don't they qualify because they aren't from the south? If you and your wife made this road trip because you are writing a book, can you give us some advanced warning so we don't buy it.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:05 AM

133 posts, read 627,707 times
I find this post interesting. I have lived overseas for many years and my kids have been attending very ethnically diverse international schools. I have always thought that this was a very important experience for my children. They don't know kids by the color of their skin but by the country they are from. And, it is a proud thing....something to be celebrated. But, these kids come from families that have good character and good values. What I have come to realize, is yes, I want to live in a culturally rich town. But, I want those folks to be decent folks. And, if I am ever put in a position where the town I must move to is not cuturally diverse, I would be okay with that as long as those people were decent folks with tolerance and worldy knowledge. I don't want my kids in an ethnically diverse town if that means their safety is compromsed. It all comes own to the quality of the person.....not where they are from or what race they are!

Old 04-03-2007, 10:48 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,036,129 times
Why is it that some people can never seem to understand the difference between 'ethnically diverse community' and 'sketchy neighborhood', they are two different things ... sheesh. I've lived most of my life in very ethnically diverse communities (and wouldn't have it any other way) and it amazes me that people seem to be unable (or unwilling due to personal prejudice) to separate those two things.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:38 PM

10 posts, read 29,529 times
A little ethnic diversity is ok as long as it doesn't become a hostile takeover of culture. For example - I live in Toronto, one of the most diverse cities in the whole world, and its AWEFUL. Here's why - people from other cultures (specifically new immigrants) seem to want to keep their own culture rather then adapting to the culture of the country they are residing in. What this has lead to in Toronto are vast areas that are changing their English signage to the foreign language of the dominant culture, entire shopping malls catering to old world ethnic tastes and television and other broadcast media reflecting the views of the countries the people left from. This is particularily troublesome when a lot of their opinions swirl around radical islam or communism.

It's not easy bringing up these topics without seeming racist, but after all this is MY home country and MY culture. THEY should conform because if I were to visit their home country it would be the first thing expected of me. Interestingly enough, in some areas of the Toronto area like Brampton and Markam, native Canadians have become the MINORITY.

Personally, I find the situation in Toronto in the extreme but is a good indicator of what any city can expect to see if they succumb to rampant immigration and don't demand certain cultural provisions by the immigrants.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:43 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,588,969 times
I prefer dull 'n boring...still looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.