Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 07:45 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times

Advertisements

The OP's criteria sound like much of Colorado, not all of which is expensive. Boulder is very expensive, a good deal of close-in Denver too, and of course up in the high country ski areas like Aspen, Vail, etc. However, there's a lot here to pick from. One way to get a handle on housing prices is to use a site like realtor.com to scope out home prices in some areas. I encourage folks to look at Colorado Springs and other cities and towns in the I-25 Front Range corridor, like Fort Collins, Windsor, Loveland, Longmont, Superior, etc.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 08:08 PM

202 posts, read 1,008,144 times
Coastal California or Southern New Jersey

Old 04-28-2009, 10:17 PM

139 posts, read 450,984 times
Here are some pictures of Austin to give you an idea of the scenery:

Austin Photos - Featured Images of Austin, TX - TripAdvisor

Trees are mainly oaks, cedars, and cypress along the rivers.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:51 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,206,676 times
Sounds like some place in Middle/East Tennessee, maybe northern Alabama. There are plenty of large lakes in that area. The Birmingham and Nashville skylines stand out for those who live in flat areas. The 40s for winter/80s for summer is the general climate as well.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:42 AM

37 posts, read 441,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgal78 View Post
Here are some pictures of Austin to give you an idea of the scenery:

Austin Photos - Featured Images of Austin, TX - TripAdvisor

Trees are mainly oaks, cedars, and cypress along the rivers.
Thank you!!

Old 06-13-2010, 12:54 PM

67 posts, read 226,710 times
western NC or eastern TENN.

both are warm in the summer not above 95 and not much below 40 in the winter. We do have some winter, but not ususally more than three months and most years, it's not bad.

there's a ton of places to hike , camp, lots of parks, very scenic in both states.

cost of living both areas will qualify. Some areas are a little more expensive than others, such as Ashville and Hendersonville, but go 15 min in either direction and the area is different. I think in either state you can find something.

as far as crime, I think TN is a bit better, but NC is still pretty safe. I walk after dark and am not afraid. Again, it depends on where you live. Obviously cities are more crime ridden than in the country.

Both states are friendly. Maybe TN more so.

I think there should be enough in the medical field for both of you, but maybe others can help out on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieren View Post
Currently, me and my fiancee live in Wisconsin (fox valley area), and are looking to move sometime in the next few years. Here is the criteria for the place we are looking for... (not in any particular order)

1. Warm temperate climate (for example, average about 80's in the summer, 40's in the winter) preferably not TOO humid...
2. Lots of great places for outdoor activities (hiking, biking, parks etc)
3. At least one lake with a beach for swimming close by (w/in driving distance)
4. Decently low cost of living
5. Friendly people!
6. Interesting scenery (doesn't matter whether it is rocky, desert, forests etc)
7. Lots of sunny days
8. If it helps any, we are both in the medical profession (RN and NP)

We've done a little research so far, and California and Colorado are unfortunately out due to certain reasons...cost of living etc.
I know that nowhere is going to be PERFECT, but as long as we could have most of the things I've listed, we'd be happy!
So what states or cities do you think we would like? Any suggestions welcome!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.