Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 06:52 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,521,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
I hate when people complain about fast food and how terrible it is.. People are starving in Africa and this is free! we're blessed whether it's unhealthy and "fake", we sure don't get skinny and starving because of it.
Actually in Africa people eat healthier and definitely more local than americans outside the starving people... we take our resources and make a mockery of it.
Generally you are better off skipping an unhealthy meal than taking it. In modern society with lots of bad food options you are often more of what you "don't eat" ...
(I've lived in Nigeria...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 07:21 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,688,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Actually in Africa people eat healthier and definitely more local than americans outside the starving people... we take our resources and make a mockery of it.
Generally you are better off skipping an unhealthy meal than taking it. In modern society with lots of bad food options you are often more of what you "don't eat" ...
(I've lived in Nigeria...)
I'm not talking about the affluent parts of Africa.. I'm talking about the places where they walk for miles to get sick from drinking the only water they have.. The places like Burundi or Burkina Faso

But whatever, almost all meat's have steroids and chemicals in it anyway and people don't complain about that because they just think if they cook it it's fine.. NO, kids were never this big or had such a big cancer population compared to the past.. it's the food in general in America let alone fast food.
KFC may be far from healthy, like a lot of things, but c'mon, it's free and it's a friggen meal!

Old 05-06-2009, 07:26 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,521,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
I'm not talking about the affluent parts of Africa.. I'm talking about the places where they walk for miles to get sick from drinking the only water they have.. The places like Burundi

But whatever, almost all meat's have steroids and chemicals in it anyway and people don't complain about that because they just think if they cook it it's fine.. NO, kids were never this big or had such a big cancer population compared to the past.. it's the food in general in America let alone fast food.
KFC may be far from healthy, like a lot of things, but c'mon, it's free and it's a friggen meal!
Well if i was starving I would eat it, I know what you mean. I have eaten at some shadier street food places to be sure. KFC just seems very efficient at it and irks me. But if a poor taco vendor had a thing of mystery sauce... I'd probably eat it

Down here...the joke is "there are starving kids in Mississippi, better eat your food" ... for better or worse.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:30 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,688,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Well if i was starving I would eat it, I know what you mean. I have eaten at some shadier street food places to be sure. KFC just seems very efficient at it and irks me. But if a poor taco vendor had a thing of mystery sauce... I'd probably eat it

Down here...the joke is "there are starving kids in Mississippi, better eat your food" ... for better or worse.
hah well I don't disagree with you there!
And that MS comment is funny, never heard that one!

good points

Old 05-06-2009, 07:58 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
THEY WON'T TAKE THE DAMN COUPONS IN HOUSTON!

Old 05-07-2009, 08:15 AM

8,634 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
I'm just shocked at how someone can post a thread about a coupon for those that would be interested, but then the people who don't like KFC have to post bashing comments about. If you don't like something, just don't respond....lots of unhappy people on this forum that just have ugliness to add to every topic possible...sheesh people, lighten up already!
Thank You

It only shows the lack of maturity and gratitude that many posters have.

If you don't like KFC, you don't have to respond. I can't stand people like that who feel they need to chime in with their unnecessary two cents...

Old 05-07-2009, 09:43 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,490,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Thank You

It only shows the lack of maturity and gratitude that many posters have.

If you don't like KFC, you don't have to respond. I can't stand people like that who feel they need to chime in with their unnecessary two cents...
They're just getting the two KFCs mixed up. I'm sure they like Kentucky Fried Chicken, but they dislike Korean Flied Chicken.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:49 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
My assistant ordered that 3 days ago. Not for free though. It was really good.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:50 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,240,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
THEY WON'T TAKE THE DAMN COUPONS IN HOUSTON!
Selected locations: Reed/Cullen, Beechnut/Beltway 8, South Main across from Reliant. That's all I know of at least.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:51 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,942,478 times
I just went to get mine and it was surprisingly good. I didn't expect it to be that good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.